Ota q&a

rwking

Reaction score
Hey folks, I thought it might be a good idea to make a post with frequently asked questions regarding the OTA update that recently came through. This way we can put all of the questions and answers in one post instead of in 100. Of course, if you guys don't participate, I'll look like a miserable failure. :D Haha, anyway, if you have a question, reply to the thread and I'll add it to the original post (with the answer when we get a reply). Here are a few of mine to start us off.

1. Has anyone tested to see if the update did in fact fix the glitch that caused apps not to show up when installed on the external SD card?

1. Those of you who deodexed and were enjoying the 1% battery hack are probably now wondering how to get it back. If you have the answer, I know I'd be interested in it. This is for those of us who are rooted but are not using a custom ROM that includes it already.

2. The camera is better after the udpate, but I still wanted to have my Atrix camera app because I love being able to touch a spot on the screen and tell the camera where to zoom. If you're looking to add that back, check this post: [MOD] MIUI Camera (No FFC option yet) - xda-developers

Tonik

Reaction score
1. Yes. But you need to create the shortcut by hitting all apps and long pressing it there and then send to home screen. If you create it by long pressing the home screen directly the icon will go generic/gear on reboot. Appears to be tied to the delay in mounting the SD card. There are reports that shortcuts in folders will still go generic/gear no matter what you do.