OTA keyboard question

msullivan

Reaction score
Before the OTA I swear I can recall my slider keyboard having a backlight? was I dreaming, because after the OTA its not there anymore.

Was it ever there? Flame away...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The slider keyboard keys do 'light up' when you use it. Always have, for me anyway. It's the letter itself that lights.... They would have to... how else could you type on the keyboard in a dark setting?

no flames... i'm not throwing matches :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
After I updated, my backlight for the keyboard didn't work. I had to restart and do a battery pull a few times before they came back. I have seen others say the same thing.

andrewdoane

Reaction score
That's a bizarre problem. Even more bizarre that it takes multiple battery pulls to correct the problem. Is this happening to 100% of the people who update, or just a small group? Either way, thanks for letting us know in case it happens to many more of us in the next few days.

Maybe if we're lucky the Motorola/Google/Verizon/whoever people are using these few days after the initial 20,000 updates to make updates to their update so that when the rest of us get it, it's even better than when you got it.

DurangoJim

Reaction score
I haven't had that problem since the update, but could it be that the light sensor is more sensitive now so it keeps the back light off unless it is darker?

jkayner

Reaction score
I just tried mine and at first it was not backlit, but when i put the phone under my desk in the dark, the backlight came one.

darkgreen

Reaction score
Updated last night. Keyboard light worked immediately and continuously since. No problem for me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a bizarre problem. Even more bizarre that it takes multiple battery pulls to correct the problem. Is this happening to 100% of the people who update, or just a small group? Either way, thanks for letting us know in case it happens to many more of us in the next few days.

Maybe if we're lucky the Motorola/Google/Verizon/whoever people are using these few days after the initial 20,000 updates to make updates to their update so that when the rest of us get it, it's even better than when you got it.

small group... most of us haven't had this issue.

swich2mac

Reaction score
Soft menu keys don't light up either. All who claim it is working fine, power cycle your phone. More details below from another thread I created.

Can anyone else who has updated to 2.0.1 confirm this:

Power off your phone and then power it back on. Once powered on, if you touch any of the soft butons (Menu, back, home, search) do they light up? Also check to see if your keyboard lights up when you open it.

Mine do not have any backlighting on them after a power cycle. Only way to get them to wok properly is to press the brightness icon on the power widget. Then they come back and work properly until next time I power cycle.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine definitely did not work right after updating. I went in to a pitch black room and nothing would light up. Did a restart and it still didn't work. I then did a battery pull and after that, everything would light up again. Haven't had any trouble with it since then.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
how is everyone doing an OTA update if it isnt out yet, mine keeps saying that my software is up to date
The update is out. It's being pushed to select devices right now.

The OTA's started going out a few days ago actually.