OTA Jelly Bean won't install

Lordbutt

Reaction score
This morning my Galaxy Nexus phone said it had downloaded jelly bean and was ready to install. The installation failed..."Untrusted app." The phone is stock, but routed. After the failure I went to system updates and it returned, "Your system is up to date." However nothing had changed. It is still on IMM76K. Android 4.04. Any advice?

OP
Lordbutt

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Yes, as it turns out Clockwork is the culpert. It was previously installed, but had been removed some time ago. However, it appears to still have control over the reboot. I assume I will have to find an update and use adb to install it. Please advise, and thank you. I didn't notice the clockwork until your heads up.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could fastboot the clockwork img again and then you could just flash the signed zip through recovery. Just download from here:

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-mysid-JRO03O-from-IMM76K.60fc8084.zip (if you are on IMM76K)

or

http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-mysid-JRO03O-from-IMM76Q.4a91da6c.zip (If you are on IMM76Q)

Another option instead of clockwork would be to fastboot the stock recovery img and then you could move the downloaded file to your /cache partition and flash through stock recovery.

Last edited:
OP
Lordbutt

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Color me stupid. I reinstalled clockwork. Downloaded the zip file to my sdcard. Did a data/cache wipe. Tried to install and still get "status 7, installation aborted. What do you mean fastboot? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Color me stupid. I reinstalled clockwork. Downloaded the zip file to my sdcard. Did a data/cache wipe. Tried to install and still get "status 7, installation aborted. What do you mean fastboot? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

Status 7 usually means an MD5 error. Redownload and try again. And since it's a signed Verizon zip, you didn't need to wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
Lordbutt

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Never could get it to install. Finally installed sdk manager and used adb to restore to stock, unlocked, and lost root. Jelly bean OTA then installed. Used WUG to root Jelly Bean. Now on Android 4.1.1, build JR0030, and rooted.

nubby

Reaction score
Never could get it to install. Finally installed sdk manager and used adb to restore to stock, unlocked, and lost root. Jelly bean OTA then installed. Used WUG to root Jelly Bean. Now on Android 4.1.1, build JR0030, and rooted.
I was in the same boat as you, Used wugfresh to unroot, I updated, and now I am just waiting to re root.