OTA ICS and an encrypted SD card

iHope

Reaction score
Fyi... The upgrade process deleted the entire contents of my SD card. Just a warning to others who have encrypted SD cards due to work requirements. Backup before you install.

I'd also be curious if anyone else experienced losing data through the upgrade process.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

HowardZ

Reaction score
the internal sd was wiped, but my removable 64GB micro sdxc card was untouched.

I used the ruu zip file, not the ota.

phendroid

Reaction score
Fyi... The upgrade process deleted the entire contents of my SD card. Just a warning to others who have encrypted SD cards due to work requirements. Backup before you install.

I'd also be curious if anyone else experienced losing data through the upgrade process.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Yup encrypted SD card never came up after OTA ICS update... Notification reads "Damaged Phone Storage". Can't revive it yet,anyone else? Got any suggestions?

Islander53

Reaction score
the internal sd was wiped, but my removable 64GB micro sdxc card was untouched.

I used the ruu zip file, not the ota.

Have you had any issues with your 64GB micro SDXC card since you first used it ? I was looking into getting one but I was told by Verizon tech that it was not compatible (??). I did check the SanDisk website which confirmed that it was not compatible.

nikecar

Reaction score
all my files, both internal and external were unchanged. All my apps, messages, pictures, everything was there. The only thing was my ringtones reset, and my custom default was missing, but I reset that and its good. i was surprised that everything was still there.