OTA GB here!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by mbd4524, Oct 12, 2011.

1. badcat

badcat Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I had some weird battery issues when I first updated too and I found that the network setting had been set back to Global. I changed it back to CDMA and recharged overnight and the battery life is back to where it was before the update. Don't know if that's what fixed it or not but it certainly is easy enough to try.

2. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    for some reason I can't access the recovery mode, while i'm pressing r+m it's automaticly going to the search screen and pressing the power button just brings the regular menu [silent, airplane, power off].

Thx

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    It sounds like you still have the phone turned on. You have to turn the phone off. Then press and hold R and M while pressing and holding the power button.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might be convinced to do the reset.. what does it involve? Do I have to manually reinstall all my apps afterwards or will the market remember everything and reinstall them? Also, do I lose my progress in various games I am playing?

Another annoyance I noticed with GB: When you go into text messaging and open a conversation, to back out you now have to hit back twice instead of once, because the first back gets rid of the punctuation bar (which appears no matter what you do).

5. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    If may be helpful doing a factory reset...as a minimum you can be assured of a clean start for sure. If you do a factory reset (menu>settings>privacy)you will have to re-install any apps that you have downloaded from the market. The market will remember most of them, but from my experience it won't remember all of them. I don't think the market will automatically download and install the apps, you have to start the download process. As for games, unless you have a way to back-up your data you will loose any previous gaming history/data. Note, doing a factory reset does not do anything to data/apps etc you may have on your SD card. So, if you're able to back-up your game data to your SD card then you won't loose that.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that's very helpful. Sounds like I'll have to set aside some time to get this done.

7. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well,

Just did the factory reset, and then tried to install the update 4.8.6 and it started insttaling [after powering off] but it stopped in the middle of the process and showes the exlanation mark, then the droid powerd on and I gor "the software update failed" msg.

Any other Idea?

8. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Let me make sure of a couple of things. You have never been rooted. You were trying to update from Froyo 2.26 with the most recent update 3.8.7 applied. Is this correct? And, does your phone operate OK after the failed update?

#68 jpcalhoun, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  9. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did root with superoneclick and also uprooted. Everything else is correct. Also the phone is ok. I deleted two system alps, the news and the weather alps.

10. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Well, if you deleted to two apps and did not replace them in your apps folder then the update will not work. I'm pretty sure you have to replace those apps before you can update.

11. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    If you deleted those apps instead of moving them or renaming them then you'll have to see if someone can send you the apk's for those apps. I can't do that because I am not rooted.

12. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and how do I replace the apps in my apps folder? or maybe I should try to install the original software that the phone came with, but how do I do that?

#72 michaelph23, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
Search tags for this page
3.8.7.xt610.verizon.en.us
abce ota
alps gingerbread ota updater missing
android 4.6.8 download
blur version.3.8.7.xt610.verizon.en.us.zip

content not owned android

droid pro 4.6.8 download

droid pro 4.6.8 update.zip

ota gb