OTA GB here!

badcat

Reaction score
Oops, the Amazon Appstore issue I reported was my fault, I had signed in with the wrong Amazon account. The apps work fine now.

And yeah, I'm not doing a factory reset, I really don't see the point. I don't have any issues and the phone is running great.

BTW if you're seeing battery drain, check your connection settings, they probably switched back to Global, you want to be on CDMA only.

Yeah I had some weird battery issues when I first updated too and I found that the network setting had been set back to Global. I changed it back to CDMA and recharged overnight and the battery life is back to where it was before the update. Don't know if that's what fixed it or not but it certainly is easy enough to try.

michaelph23

Reaction score
Ummm, I wonder if the fact that you are in Israel has anything to do with the problem. There are two things you can try. First go into recovery mode (r+m+power button and then press @ at the triangle) and using your volume up and down key highlight clear cache. Select clear cache and then Reboot. See if that helps. If that does not help then the only other option I can think of is to do a Factory Data Reset...but that will eliminate all apps that you have downloaded and installed, contacts, emails and messages (menu>settings>privacy). The Factory Reset is the last straw I guess, unless someone else can pipe-in here and offer some different ideas.

for some reason I can't access the recovery mode, while i'm pressing r+m it's automaticly going to the search screen and pressing the power button just brings the regular menu [silent, airplane, power off].

Thx

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
for some reason I can't access the recovery mode, while i'm pressing r+m it's automaticly going to the search screen and pressing the power button just brings the regular menu [silent, airplane, power off].

Thx

It sounds like you still have the phone turned on. You have to turn the phone off. Then press and hold R and M while pressing and holding the power button.

Astaroth

Reaction score
I might be convinced to do the reset.. what does it involve? Do I have to manually reinstall all my apps afterwards or will the market remember everything and reinstall them? Also, do I lose my progress in various games I am playing?

Another annoyance I noticed with GB: When you go into text messaging and open a conversation, to back out you now have to hit back twice instead of once, because the first back gets rid of the punctuation bar (which appears no matter what you do).

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I might be convinced to do the reset.. what does it involve? Do I have to manually reinstall all my apps afterwards or will the market remember everything and reinstall them? Also, do I lose my progress in various games I am playing?

Another annoyance I noticed with GB: When you go into text messaging and open a conversation, to back out you now have to hit back twice instead of once, because the first back gets rid of the punctuation bar (which appears no matter what you do).
If may be helpful doing a factory reset...as a minimum you can be assured of a clean start for sure. If you do a factory reset (menu>settings>privacy)you will have to re-install any apps that you have downloaded from the market. The market will remember most of them, but from my experience it won't remember all of them. I don't think the market will automatically download and install the apps, you have to start the download process. As for games, unless you have a way to back-up your data you will loose any previous gaming history/data. Note, doing a factory reset does not do anything to data/apps etc you may have on your SD card. So, if you're able to back-up your game data to your SD card then you won't loose that.

Astaroth

Reaction score
Thanks, that's very helpful. Sounds like I'll have to set aside some time to get this done.

michaelph23

Reaction score
Ummm, I wonder if the fact that you are in Israel has anything to do with the problem. There are two things you can try. First go into recovery mode (r+m+power button and then press @ at the triangle) and using your volume up and down key highlight clear cache. Select clear cache and then Reboot. See if that helps. If that does not help then the only other option I can think of is to do a Factory Data Reset...but that will eliminate all apps that you have downloaded and installed, contacts, emails and messages (menu>settings>privacy). The Factory Reset is the last straw I guess, unless someone else can pipe-in here and offer some different ideas.

Well,

Just did the factory reset, and then tried to install the update 4.8.6 and it started insttaling [after powering off] but it stopped in the middle of the process and showes the exlanation mark, then the droid powerd on and I gor "the software update failed" msg.

Any other Idea?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Well,

Just did the factory reset, and then tried to install the update 4.8.6 and it started insttaling [after powering off] but it stopped in the middle of the process and showes the exlanation mark, then the droid powerd on and I gor "the software update failed" msg.

Any other Idea?
Let me make sure of a couple of things. You have never been rooted. You were trying to update from Froyo 2.26 with the most recent update 3.8.7 applied. Is this correct? And, does your phone operate OK after the failed update?

Last edited:

michaelph23

Reaction score
Let me make sure of a couple of things. You have never been rooted. You were trying to update from Froyo 2.26 with the most recent update 3.8.7 applied. Is this correct? And, does your phone operate OK after the failed update?

I did root with superoneclick and also uprooted. Everything else is correct. Also the phone is ok. I deleted two system alps, the news and the weather alps.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I did root with superoneclick and also uprooted. Everything else is correct. Also the phone is ok. I deleted two system alps, the news and the weather alps.
Well, if you deleted to two apps and did not replace them in your apps folder then the update will not work. I'm pretty sure you have to replace those apps before you can update.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you deleted those apps instead of moving them or renaming them then you'll have to see if someone can send you the apk's for those apps. I can't do that because I am not rooted.

michaelph23

Reaction score
Well, if you deleted to two apps and did not replace them in your apps folder then the update will not work. I'm pretty sure you have to replace those apps before you can update.

and how do I replace the apps in my apps folder? or maybe I should try to install the original software that the phone came with, but how do I do that?

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
and how do I replace the apps in my apps folder? or maybe I should try to install the original software that the phone came with, but how do I do that?
I'm not sure what software you're talking about, but the fastest way I can think of to get those two files is to post a thread on this and other forums requesting someone send you a copy (apk) of them. Then you can copy/paste them back into your app folder. However, you will have to root again to do that. Then you can unroot and try the update again. I'm not a root guru, so maybe someone else can offer a better suggestion.

michaelph23

Reaction score
I'm not sure what software you're talking about, but the fastest way I can think of to get those two files is to post a thread on this and other forums requesting someone send you a copy (apk) of them. Then you can copy/paste them back into your app folder. However, you will have to root again to do that. Then you can unroot and try the update again. I'm not a root guru, so maybe someone else can offer a better suggestion.

Where can I get full list of droid pro apps? I want to compare the list to my current apps, and then try to get the missing ones.

Thx in advance

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

If you want to install the original software, you'll need to flash the SBF. It will actually be the quickest way to get things going probably (especially since you're not exactly sure what apps you need, and given that it's a Saturday night so you might have to wait awhile for anyone to post any of them). It's a very quick and easy process (as long as you follow the instructions exactly). After you flash it, do a factory reset, and your phone will be back to it's original state:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html