OTA GB here!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Android version 2.2.1 and verizon 3.8.7
Ummm, I wonder if the fact that you are in Israel has anything to do with the problem. There are two things you can try. First go into recovery mode (r+m+power button and then press @ at the triangle) and using your volume up and down key highlight clear cache. Select clear cache and then Reboot. See if that helps. If that does not help then the only other option I can think of is to do a Factory Data Reset...but that will eliminate all apps that you have downloaded and installed, contacts, emails and messages (menu>settings>privacy). The Factory Reset is the last straw I guess, unless someone else can pipe-in here and offer some different ideas.

pavlak21

Reaction score
received ota update this morning android 2.3.3 , 4.6.8 us.verizon droid pro....northeast new jersey
runs good on my pro.. did not run hard reset yet... will do that later.

chase, westernunion, bank apps works perfect no any troubles with cerificats .....
Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

curvefree

Reaction score
Central Florida here. Just got the OTA about two hours ago. So far so good. Everything is working and it has improved the performance of my phone dramatically. It is fast. I like the UI, too.

badcat

Reaction score
I just got it today as well, of course it had to start when I was at work with a crap cell signal... :blink: Seems ok so far, battery indicator seems flaky. It shows the phone being much lower on battery than it actually is. So far I think the battery life seems worse but it's probably too early to judge.

Timar99

Reaction score
in Atlanta, got mine works and looks cool...eating battery though. what's the reason for doing the factory reset? I don't want to lose my settings and all.

pavlak21

Reaction score
battery drain fast .... 25% in apx time - 1 & half hour... after hard reset and all apps restored from previews firmware... tomorrow i will check without apps restoration ....

pavlak21

Reaction score
i think when you factory rest bring your phone to stage like from a store never used...
you need to wipe cach files too....

pavlak21

Reaction score
new update wont update market app.. enyone having the same problem?

Astaroth

Reaction score
Oops, the Amazon Appstore issue I reported was my fault, I had signed in with the wrong Amazon account. The apps work fine now.

And yeah, I'm not doing a factory reset, I really don't see the point. I don't have any issues and the phone is running great.

BTW if you're seeing battery drain, check your connection settings, they probably switched back to Global, you want to be on CDMA only.

Navy87Guy

Reaction score
Seems to have installed fine, the issues right now are:

- I really liked that feature where you could quickly scroll between desktops by sliding at the bottom of the screen, any way to get that back?

I have the question. I see the small indicator at the bottom of the screen, but I liked being able to go right to the 3rd or 4th screen. :-(

I don't like the new battery manager - it only shows what apps are using power. Do I need to download a separate widget now to see the remaining battery percentage??

I'm also not keen on the dock. I wish I could remove the icons - they clutter my screen. I liked it better when they were "pop ups"

Navy87Guy

Reaction score
Okay, I found that if you hit the "Home" key from the Home page, it pops up all 7 pages and you can select the one you want. Still not as convenient as the old way if you want to go from far left to far right screens.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
in Atlanta, got mine works and looks cool...eating battery though. what's the reason for doing the factory reset? I don't want to lose my settings and all.

You don't have to do a factory reset, but it will make the phone run smoother and help to avoid a lot of potential issues.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's pretty vague and unsubstantiated really.

Not really. A factory reset does make the phone run smoother. It's just like a computer. It pretty much always runs better after a fresh wipe and install. Nothing vague or unsubstantiated about that. As for potential issues, file fragments, programs, and any other number of things can cause complications with an update. This update is new, so we really don't know what kind of issues might come about from it. There's no way to be more specific right now. But the internet is littered with posts across various forums from people who installed an update and ran into a variety of issues that were solved by a factory reset.

So, the post is completely on point. You don't have to do a factory reset when installing it. There's a good chance that everything will be fine. But most people who are familiar with updates almost always opt for a factory reset from the outset to avoid the hassle of something causing an issue. Besides wanting to avoid any potential problems, it's a good chance to start fresh with the device and improve performance.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
That's pretty vague and unsubstantiated really.
I have to agree with bsweetness and his analogy of the phone and a computer is right on...our phones are more like computers than a traditional "phone". Yes, Factory Resets are a PIA, but good insurance that you start off with a "clean" install.