OTA GB here!

chaihg

Reaction score
Someone atleast post a screenshot of the home screen please :)

adam355

Reaction score
Im starting to wonder if anyone has actually gotten the update..

dtwalters

Reaction score
Im starting to wonder if anyone has actually gotten the update..

What do you mean by that? I posted the system version and android version as soon as I noticed that I had gotten the update. Do you think I was lying about it? Geez.....?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
But that does not make sense to sbf back. Because officially you cannot roll back and what about those who officially got the GB OTA a few months back?. There should actually be no problem. By the way the previous version was 4.6.4 and now it seems like this is 4.6.8.

So if anybody wants to SBF back to 2.26 from GB then you will need to nandroid restore your 2.26 original rom and then pull the battery after that and again put it into bootloader mode and then flash the sbf. If you just flash the sbf over GB then you will have a non-booting device because they lock bootloaders down in successive updates.

Can anyone copy the recent OTA from their /cache folder and post it here?. Rooting should be possible with the same tool we previously used.

cheers
Well I'm not a guru on these things but that was the process I had to take before I could download the OTA update to Gingerbread just released yesterday. I took part in the soak test and because I was running the update.zip version of Gingerbread obtained from this forum, I was instructed by the Motorola Tech to do exactly as I previously outlined...he said that was the only way the recent update could be successfully installed. Maybe he doesn't know what he was talking about, but it worked for me.

Here is the exact process I used: Downloaded the sbf 2.26 from THB and the two previous updates. SBF'd using RSDLite...clear data...factory reset...reboot...renamed update files to update.zip...loaded on sd card...flashed (one update at a time).

Last edited:

jturner3988

Reaction score
Still nothing anybody else getting the OTA

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
No im wondering if the earlier reports were ever true or if it was just a soak test...
Well, that is an interesting point...it could be part of the soak test, but you had to register your MEID and other "stuff" to have the soak test pushed to your phone. Hard to believe that someone did all that and didn't know the update they got was only part of the soak test. One thing for sure...the soak test is over, very few issues reported...the official OTA update should be released very soon if it hasn't been already.

OP
M

mbd4524

Reaction score
I never registered for anything and I got it yesterday. I am actualy located in Israel right now.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

adam355

Reaction score
I never registered for anything and I got it yesterday. I am actualy located in Israel right now.

Interesting and good news I guess. I wonder where the other users are located that have received it

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I think it is being released by MEID, location is not a consideration I guess.

Ursus

Reaction score
When I woke up yesterday, there was the update on my Droid Pro waiting to be installed Could not believe it!
Installed and now running:
System Version 4.6.8.XT610.verizon.en.US
Android Version 2.3.3

Most apps running better and cleaner, with no change in Battery performance.

I'm in eastern PA.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
MEID?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
MEID=a identification number for you phone...like a serial number. On you dial pad press *#06# and it will give it to you. Or look menu>settings>About Phone

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Seems like Moto did a lot of updating today. Both xpert and photon got something today.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dtwalters

Reaction score
A screen shot from my Droid Pro. Interestingly enough, I have checked for a system update just about every day for the past six months. I woke up yesterday morning and it was being automatically downloaded to my phone.
View attachment 41311

Last edited: