OTA FRG22D stock release 8/24

heleos

Reaction score
Is there really enough difference between frg01b and frg22 to warrant a release?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the things will be the ability to get Flash directly from the Market.

heleos

Reaction score
But is that really a huge deal? We already have the apk's for it :p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only difference that I can see between FRG22D and FRG01B is a little security enhancement and the ability to get Flash 10.1 in the Market. Most of us already have it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Probably we won't :( But it would be cool if us Sapphire users did :)

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recall cvpcs saying today that there wasn't much difference between these new props and the ones we have been using.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh no, not again! :D Anyway, the flash 10.1 final update from the market has been leaked all over the place, so, no big deal. I am, however, curious about the supposed "security updates" and what that means.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
I recall cvpcs saying today that there wasn't much difference between these new props and the ones we have been using.

Yes but there could be bug fixes and improvements. And I seem to recall CVPCS saying there would not be an update of Sapphire with FRG22 so...

Heck if I want it bad enough I'll load up a rooted one which probably won't take long to post!

Last edited:
OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
Oh no, not again! :D Anyway, the flash 10.1 final update from the market has been leaked all over the place, so, no big deal. I am, however, curious about the supposed "security updates" and what that means.

The 'security updates' could mean plugging some holes that can or are being exploited :icon_twisted:

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The WIFI and GPS Drivers were updated in FRG22D. Thats why he is updating Sapphire to use them.

OP
captdroid

captdroid

Reaction score
The WIFI and GPS Drivers were updated in FRG22D. Thats why he is updating Sapphire to use them.

Of course there is more to the update then the Verizon bulletin posted on Droid-Life :)

Verizon often does not list bug fixes.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes but there could be bug fixes and improvements. And I seem to recall CVPCS saying there would not be an update of Sapphire with FRG22 so...

Heck if I want it bad enough I'll load up a rooted one which probably won't take long to post!

In any case, he has updated the props, so you'll get them. :)