ota fail

Droid 51

Reaction score
Ok im on 902 rooted and i downloaded the ota 905 and tried to install but it failed do i need to unroot first

deduct

Reaction score
No. Are you trying to install it thru stock recovery?

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
Is the root causing it to fail and if so how do i unroot all i want to do is take the ota to 905 and reroot then flash eclipse

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Deduct its right. Being rooted won't stop ota from going through. Did you unfreeze all apps (if you use tibu)? Any modification to the system will stop the ota. You may have to flash back to stock then ota 905

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I don't know what you guys are saying, I've never had OTA push right if I did anything to the phone, including rooting it.

Unroot your device and try to push 905 then.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Ota will download and install just fine when rooted. You just may lose root. I used ota root keeper to keep root when taking the ota.
Your call though.

OP
Droid 51

Droid 51

Reaction score
I have tried root keeper didn't work and I can't find any apps frozen im not sure what is going on so I guess I will just stay with 902 until we get the ics update if it ever comes out

dautley

Reaction score

Graymayre

Reaction score
Have you done any other modifications to the phone since you rooted?
Custom recovery?
Titanium Backup frozen apps?
Safestrap?

You will want to try undoing anything you have done before you attempt unroot, since they all require you to have root to undo them. Then try again. If that fails, you will want to back up your stuff and use RSDlite and the new 905 FXZ to get you to the 905 build, then just reroot and restore hour stuff. But if you want the ICS OTA, you will want to stave off any modifications other than just basic root stuff.
And as stated above, the update will likely be a 905-ics one, so being on 902 still you will be out of luck waiting for the ICS push.

Driod Bionic ICED 232