OTA error "The software update failed!"

D

Developer

I wasn't being serious I don't know matt in real life but we have talked alot on forums and on the forums.motorola my user name isn't developer.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

jayrod

Reaction score
Hmm thats funny i just talked to Matt and he dont know you..Developer...

But that's ok...we all know you by now. You've become one of the funniest,saddest,lamest things that's hit these forums in a while.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
lm2 said:
Same issue for me. I am on a newly factory reset 905, but I'm rooted with forever root (did that a while ago, but I've done no other mods).

Should I use HOB to fxz? If yes, is there a link to HOB other than to the droidrzr.com post, because I registered but the site hasn't sent me the confirmation email yet.

Forever root will fail an update

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

Bfp

Reaction score
I wasn't being serious I don't know matt in real life but we have talked alot on forums and on the forums.motorola my user name isn't developer.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘

Yes i know its not your name over there..so stop saying things that isnt true...you are just confusing hell out of everybody and your tech skills suck..now go see your mommy so she can tuck you in bed.

lm2

Reaction score
Sarg, can you tell me how I can go from being forever-rooted to being able to update to ics? Many thanks.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
lm2 said:
Sarg, can you tell me how I can go from being forever-rooted to being able to update to ics? Many thanks.

U have to fxz the phone. use this fxz it will put u on the 246 update without having to update. it is a bone stock fxz so u will lose data

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=227579

lm2

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I have never fxz'd before. I have a mac. Could you be so kind as to point me to instructions? I **really** appreciate it!

fred03031

Reaction score
That's What Happened to me. The Update failed for me several times, so I FXZ a .905 Stock File and then got Matt (My buddy from Motorola) to resend to me then it downloaded perfectly. Maybe your software is bugged or something.

ᄅ° ✖ Droid Forums ✘
Your buddy Matt? You do realize that after you and others submitted request a repush everyone got a repush. Kid you need to stop bringing attention to how immature you are.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
At least he spelled developer correctly this time. Probably had to spell check it.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mustang02 said:
At least he spelled developer correctly this time. Probably had to spell check it.

xD