Ota 6.12.173

nubia

Reaction score
For those on the fence or concerned, everything had been tested, devs/mods on droidrzr have verification this leak will NOT interfere with your ability to update in the future.

Worst case scenario, if the update gets a minor change between now and official release, a fast boot back to 744 would be necessary. I have updated my OP to this thread.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using DroidForums

Jungle King, I'm totally stock never rooted, out of the box stock. How do you suggest I install this update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Jungle King, I'm totally stock never rooted, out of the box stock. How do you suggest I install this update?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

If you are pure stock and never rooted, you can flash directly from stock recovery. The directions and guidance are on page one of this thread.

However, please make sure you read the first post again as it has been updated after some concerns were brought up. This update is safe but it is unofficial so make sure you understand that a fastboot flash may or may not be necessary in the future to receive further updates.

busab

Reaction score
Any noticeable speed improvements with this update? Specifically the stock launcher?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gling

Reaction score
Too tired to look through whatever the changes are tonight but I will say updating was virtually painless, probably due to my lessons learned after the last update fiasco (yes I was one of those).
Unfroze apps with TB, temp unroot with Voodoo and apply zip through stock recovery (I'm not bootstrapped/safestrapped).
I do get data drops so that will be one of the first things I will be looking at.

View attachment 45778

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
Any more word on this???

There is more talk of it and a lot of users who have installed it over on droidrzr.com unfortunately I think some users got scared off by some of the talk on this thread about it being dangerous or bad even though it clearly is not.

The LTE has been upgraded and there is a clear improvement to data reception. Highly recommend this update.

More info and reviews over on droidrzr.

busab

Reaction score
Cool thanks! I'll go check it out.

todroid

Reaction score
The update seems good (don't have enough run for battery life assessment yet). There is a lot of new bloatware, but all that can be frozen up.
BTW, to come back to .748 you don't even need to use the fastboot files anymore. Droidrzr has instructions on how to downgrade from this leak back to .748 OTA just via recovery flash. Piece of cake.

busab

Reaction score
Just got this installed. It installed perfect on the first try.

So far the only thing I've noticed is the camera seems better. It seems like it has more detail when you zoom in on a picture now. I'm not 100% though.

Can't comment on the data yet. Mine has always been pretty solid.

equake

Reaction score
There is more talk of it and a lot of users who have installed it over on droidrzr.com unfortunately I think some users got scared off by some of the talk on this thread about it being dangerous or bad even though it clearly is not.

The LTE has been upgraded and there is a clear improvement to data reception. Highly recommend this update.

More info and reviews over on droidrzr.

Any speedtest results with the new radio?

busab

Reaction score
Any speedtest results with the new radio?

With 3 bars showing I am getting 18.8 down and about 6 up. This seems inline with my normal speeds for this time of night.

todroid

Reaction score
BTW, Jungle King, can you change the title of the thread? It's not technically an OTA. It may become eventually, but not at the moment. A "leak" is more appropriate..
On the other hand, thanks for tipping us off and for the great write up! A true service to the rooted community.

todroid

Reaction score
Think I found another gem on this leak. I don't think the camera had "low light" shooting scene on .748. Can anyone not on leak confirm it's absence? I thought there were only 7 shooting scenes before, as now there are 8.