OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah my data kicked back on after I switch to 4g and then back to 3g. As far as safestrap goes I am not sure on that I never installed that for this very reason. I remember when I had my Droid X there was a process I needed to go through to remove it properly to update. I am sure Safestrap is the same way, there is something it is doing that is holding both of you guys up it seems. I would see if someone on here has used that before and knows how to properly remove it so you can update, or if there is a setting you just need to change to get it to work with Safestrap still installed.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Whats up with the two music options now? Have the old My Music and the new Music.

akiles

Reaction score
Cereal, you have over 9,000+ post and you can't help me with this little thing? Very dissapointing! j/k :icon_ banana:
I only modified a few entries -mainly memory management. I have the similar mods in my trusty DX and my iconia.

I don't want to bother one of the Architects of the Android Matrix :hail: for an issue it was caused by me being reckless with build.prop.

I appreciate the thought :)

Man I wish i could help you out on this one because messing around in build.prop is a very tricky thing. I wish we would have spoke before you messed around in there because I would have told you "DON'T DO IT!" :)

You may want to send a pm over Xeudoxus's way. That guy knows his way around anything. He's brilliant......

Sorry I wasn't of any help

Sent from Droid RAZR

akiles

Reaction score
Sydman may be right -looks like one of the tutorial videos. Verify /preinstall/knowyourdevice/ has the file. If not, try to place it there using a root file browser.
i am getting the following error message:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/preinstall/KnowYourDevice/Motorola_XT912_BatterySave.3gp" , "5faf882a9f143c2e45a264aad9c067233a43be8b", "6bcc903965d9cd3862f5c5a5760e129d36b07cf5")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

do i need to do a factory reset to get this to work??? hope not...thanks

akiles

Reaction score
I take back what I said about the system dump -the videos are in a different folder. My bad.

Under /preinstall/knowyourdevice/ i have:
motorola_xt912_batterysave.3gp
motorola_xt912_calltextpicture.3gp
motorola_xt912_emailsetup.3gp
motorola_xt912_myverizonmobile.3gp
motorola_xt912_usingyourdevice.3gp
motorola_xt912_wifisetup.3gp

and that's it -no additional folders.
If you have them in a different location move them here -it may work. Make sure this folder has nothing else.
If you don't have these files pm me and I can post them in sugarsync.

I can't guarantee it will work, but it may be worth a try.

if i go to guided tours, and select Basic Setup and Usage Videos, there are NO videos there, but when i select Additional Videos, they're ALL there....any suggestions?

swallman

Reaction score
Disregard this, I just rerooted with Doomlord and followed instruction on OP to the letter. Update done and it is rebooting now *fingers crossed* then will open Voodoo and restore root and see how it goes.

Just confirming here (since I am also currently rooted with Doomlord)...all you did was follow the OP to the letter and everything turned out OK ? I don't need to unroot at this time - just begin with the instructions on the OP ?

Thanks!

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Just confirming here (since I am also currently rooted with Doomlord)...all you did was follow the OP to the letter and everything turned out OK ? I don't need to unroot at this time - just begin with the instructions on the OP ?

Thanks!

Yes. I have done it on two phones already. YOU MUST BE TOTALLY STOCK ROM ALL BLOAT IN CORRECT PLACES. I'M DOING THE 3RD PHONE NOW.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
★★★★★★Attention★★★★★★

If your update is failing please try this......

I'll tell you what DID work though! :)
Flashing the Rooted RAZR files and the Forever Root that Nitro Provided Here:
http://www.droidrzr....rom-744-system/

Then using the method outlined in your post above and here:

http://www.droidrzr....912verizonenus/

BAM! I'm updated now!

Thanks for your help and work dude. REALLY appreciated.

Thank [email protected] for assisting me with his post.

lewi3069

Reaction score
I keep getting this...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "cdma_spyder" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "cdma_spyder"
E: Error in /sdcard/Blur_version.6.11.744.X912.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Thanks!

I know he answered this as well but just reaffirming that yes, I was rooted with Doomlord and all my stuff unfroze. I followed his guide and suspended root, updated, restored root. Now I am good to go on the new update and rooted, apps refrozen.

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
I know he answered this as well but just reaffirming that yes, I was rooted with Doomlord and all my stuff unfroze. I followed his guide and suspended root, updated, restored root. Now I am good to go on the new update and rooted, apps refrozen.

That's how it should work :) yeaaaah!

OP
konellaz

konellaz

Reaction score
Are you running some sort of "rooting/flashing" business on the side? :)

Lmao!!! I wish... I do it for the love of Droids. I'm. Druid thru and thru..

JaBr1884

Reaction score
★★★★★★Attention★★★★★★

If your update is failing please try this......

I'll tell you what DID work though! :)
Flashing the Rooted RAZR files and the Forever Root that Nitro Provided Here:
http://www.droidrzr....rom-744-system/

Then using the method outlined in your post above and here:

http://www.droidrzr....912verizonenus/

BAM! I'm updated now!

Thanks for your help and work dude. REALLY appreciated.

Thank [email protected] for assisting me with his post.

Busted links? looks like the ... is part of the link lol Looking forward to trying this.