OTA 6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.us

dscblu

Reaction score
If i download this stock rom will i be able to install the ota update from Verizon cuz it is currently failing when I try to install

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mbrookens

Reaction score
Cereal Killer posted this in a diff. thread:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1406550
This is the system dump. May be useful in this thread as well.

What is your update failing for? I followed the thread above. What ever files I was missing I took from the pre and post files that are in the post.

dscblu

Reaction score
I don't know what its failing for I'm trying to install the legitimate copy from verizon not the downloadable one in this thread so i don't get to c what's wrong

akiles

Reaction score
This is the "legit" copy of the OTA.
Read the whole thread. I'm sure you'll find a solution here.
What's the error.

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
when i try to download the "preinstall files", i download a single executable file....when i go to move it to the appropriate "KnowYourDevice" file, it never shows up there and i still get the error message when flashing....how do you just get rid of the safestrap crap and put the phone back to stock to accept the stupid OTA??? AND is the OTA worth going thru THIS MUCH trouble????

It's a zip file which you need to extract. The preinstall files will probably only work if you are getting errors for.3gp files since they all seem to be just those files. Otherwise you may need to go through the other steps.

Not sure what really was changed since I'm mostly using Theory's RazrX. I mostly updated to very if we had ICS I'd be see to do it. That is if another ROM doesn't do it first.

As far as removing I think you just have to open the safe strap app and click remove recovery.

dscblu

Reaction score
No I'm trying to install the one Verizon sent me so i don't c what the error is all it shows is a progress bar then when it fails I just get the android guy and the triangle with the ! In it and reboots

akiles

Reaction score
Try installing the OTA file fom this thread.
1.- are you rooted?
2.- did you uninstall anything that came with the phone?
3.- did you apply any mods to the fone?
4.- if you have safe-strap, are you on the safe system?

dscblu

Reaction score
I am rooted I didn't remove anything I had theorys razrx rom on the safe system of safestrap but I removed it all

dscblu

Reaction score
I am rooted I didn't remove anything I had theorys razrx rom on the safe system of safestrap but I removed it all

And by it all I ment safestrap and the razrx rom all I did to my stock system is the hotspots patch using sqlite editor changed that back and used voodoo rootkeeper to keep root but I never removed or froze any bloat I left my stock system stock so i wouldn't have these issues