OTA 5.8.894 spotted in the wild

wilboy

Reaction score
moto upgrade files are named after the update you're coming from, not going to :p

But alas, if you have an already upgraded baseband or kernel the upgrade will fail, need to wait for some knowledgeable folk to wake up from their turkey comas haha.
Hahaha..i know that..i just referring from the "Cheesecake OTA" that didn't need to use the stock recovery..not like what we had using the Cheesecake app..And yap...i'm on w/ 5.7.893 since the first day leaked!

deduct

Reaction score
Since updating to 5.7.893 a week ago i've only had one data drop from 4g which resolved itself in a few seconds. So aside from that my bionic has been running perfectly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mlapaglia

Reaction score
Since updating to 5.7.893 a week ago i've only had one data drop from 4g which resolved itself in a few seconds. So aside from that my bionic has been running perfectly.

We're talking about 8.894, not 7.893.

deduct

Reaction score
I know. Just thought I would let others know of my good fortune.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
has anybody that's run .8.894 seen/noticed anything different from the previous?

mlapaglia

Reaction score
Yep I flashed and was able to get my radio to revert to stock, but the problem still remains that my kernel isn't stock. I can't find a way to get it back. Any suggestions? It's the last step I'll need before flashing the latest update.

wilboy

Reaction score
Yep I flashed and was able to get my radio to revert to stock, but the problem still remains that my kernel isn't stock. I can't find a way to get it back. Any suggestions? It's the last step I'll need before flashing the latest update.
Am still lookin..hahaha ..So that's true.... we have had only one fix to go back to stock!!:)
And oh,just pinch if you found one and i'll do the same.. :D

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
jntdroid you help me restore my kernel and I'll tell you if it's an improvement or not once I flash :)

lol, the kernel requires an unlocked bootloader as far as I know, so I wouldn't hold your breath! :)

wilboy

Reaction score
lol, the kernel requires an unlocked bootloader as far as I know, so I wouldn't hold your breath! :)

Really?...ouch!!.So surfing for the last one chance(kernel)....useless!!?:frown:

mlapaglia

Reaction score
I would like to believe the unlocked bootloader would be required for UNSIGNED kernels, but would allow reverting to an older signed one :(

wilboy

Reaction score
The only chance that we have now in on the hands of the talented Devs....SBF/FXZ?:frown: