OTA 4..605 Update

N1nj4Dr01d_X

Reaction score
Now I have the DROID X boostrapper, titanium backup, and root explorer installed.
Are there any other programs you suggest before rooting?

Edit: Also Overclock app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

StupidusMaximus

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to this.
CAP2011100312481.jpg

i hit later but this is getting annoying reminding me. I am currently running this
CAP201110031249.jpg

I would like to update and reroot but I've heard of issues with superuser being previously installed. They want you to FBS to froyo, but since I'm still on froyo can is unroot and delete z4 and superuser, then update then 1 click root?

Reaction score
I'm with stupid... Ha ha, had to say it. I am in the same place he is at and wondering the same things.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

leftspin

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to this.
CAP2011100312481.jpg

i hit later but this is getting annoying reminding me. I am currently running this
CAP201110031249.jpg

I would like to update and reroot but I've heard of issues with superuser being previously installed. They want you to FBS to froyo, but since I'm still on froyo can is unroot and delete z4 and superuser, then update then 1 click root?

I'm with stupid... Ha ha, had to say it. I am in the same place he is at and wondering the same things.

SBF to Froyo, update then re root

You could probably get away with unrooting, unfreezing all your frozen apps, deleting z4 and superuser and then trying the update

DroidXChris13_

Reaction score
I (unaware that it would remove root access) took the .605 update. Tried Barnacle wi-fi tether (usually works fine), and got "Barnacle requires 'su' to access the hardware! Please, make sure you have root access." Z4root still installed (tried "permanant root" throught the z4 ap again), "super-user" ap still there, just nothing seems to be working. Any help? (the only "root - related" things I've done is to use the Barnacle tether)

droidx38

Reaction score
I (unaware that it would remove root access) took the .605 update. Tried Barnacle wi-fi tether (usually works fine), and got "Barnacle requires 'su' to access the hardware! Please, make sure you have root access." Z4root still installed (tried "permanant root" throught the z4 ap again), "super-user" ap still there, just nothing seems to be working. Any help? (the only "root - related" things I've done is to use the Barnacle tether)

I had the EXACT same problem. Finally after trying several roots unsuccessfully, someone told me to try PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06 and it worked like a charm first time I tried it. Here is a link to the post I made when I started having trouble after the update. Browse thru there and you will see a direct link to download petes root tool and other valuable links to other information you may be interested in. Hope this helps!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-root-after-update-yesterday.html#post1767506

Reaction score
SBF to Froyo, update then re root

You could probably get away with unrooting, unfreezing all your frozen apps, deleting z4 and superuser and then trying the update

I tried unrooting, reboot and root was gone, deleted superuser and z4, rebooted and tried to run update. Update failed - I guess a sbf is in my future to get the update to take....

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway to STOP the update push? I don't want it and don't want to lose root for a minor update. TiBu, Root Explorer, ROM MAnager and Android over clocking are my main root-necessary apps.

My phone is my alarm clock and I woke up to the phone in recovery and when I booted up, said that the update failed. So now I"m worried that I can't rely on the phone to not try again.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I lost my Wi Fi. I can connect to my router and get a IP Address but I get no network connectivity trying to surf the web with my wifi. Any one else have this happen after update?