OTA 2.3.340 & Z4Root

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else wrote this confirmation or not, but Z4Root DOES work successfully in rooting the OTA update of 2.3.340.

donballz

Reaction score
Got mine to work. Took forever though. I did the permanent one of course.

bucko1619

Reaction score
I can't get z4 to work either. I was previously rooted using doroot and noticed that after the update and running z4 (which reported success but did not give me root) I now have two superuser apps in /system/app/:
Superuser.apk
SuperUser.apk
I wonder if this is part of the problem?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Works for me. SOmetimes you do have to clear cache data or go out and come back in or even reboot the device. It def works though.

bucko1619

Reaction score
Any particular cache you recommend clearing? I just did it for the apps that require root and it still isn't working. z4 appears to be successful and reboots my X, but I still don't have root after that. I have also done battery pulls to no avail. Any help that anyone can provide would be appreciated.

skunk74

Reaction score
I can't get z4 to work either. I was previously rooted using doroot and noticed that after the update and running z4 (which reported success but did not give me root) I now have two superuser apps in /system/app/:
Superuser.apk
SuperUser.apk
I wonder if this is part of the problem?

I had the same setup, install z4, run it, un-root first, let the phone reset, then root using z4, works on my Droid X 2.3.340!

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Err thought I double posted and I erased my comment... Basically I said the program sucks and didn't work for me.
Sent from my DROIDX 2.2 rooted using Tapatalk.

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Regarding

works perfect root z4 v 1.2.2 works the best trust me instant and dont forget to turn usb debugging

AFAngryWarrior

Reaction score
I've tried everything after updating the new 2.3. I unrooted, re-rooted, hard reset, tried again. Now I'm resetting with the SBF and will try one last time. My phone says its rooted after using Z4 but none of the apps opened the first time ask for permission, and then none of them work.

scarabshell

Reaction score
Worked like a champ for me, rooted and unrooted no problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App