OTA 2.2 wont install

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I downloaded 2.2 when i was rooted and it wouldn't install. I unrooted and downloaded and still wouldn't install. I factory reset my phone and started from scratch and it still wont install. What do i need to do to update?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
So how can i get 2.2 then?

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I amnot rooted. I factory rest it and as far as i knowits stock. Im grttin it from ota.

trypt

Reaction score
There's a way to see exactly why your update is failing. Search for posts other posts about people having issues, I think you're suppose to hit the search button while it's installing. Exactly when does the update fail? Did you do anything else to your phone before besides rooting? Did you do any themes, system app removal, build.prop edits?

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I removed the bloatware. I didn't know how to do any themes so i didn't do that. Ill try in the install again and press the search button and see what it says

trypt

Reaction score
Factory reseting your phone doesn't reinstall any system apps (bloatware) that you've removed. And the OTA won't work with those apps missing. You have to reinstall the apps you removed.

Can someone else confirm my information?

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
How? Anyway i can make it go back to factory?

trypt

Reaction score
Well you can go back to stock 2.1 with the SBF file, but that's broken a bunch of people's phones. See bxrider117's post above. If your 2.2 install absolutely did not work then it should be safe to SBF. My 2.2 OTA update failed for similar reasons you're having and I have SBF successfully.

edit: or if you still have the apk's you removed push them back onto your phone with ADB. There's several places you can download the system apk's as well if you don't have copies anymore.

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I dont have any copies of it. Im new to this world so I have no idea what SBF is. I dont wanna brick my phone. I can't afford another one if I do and I cant go back to a standard phone.

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
I have the same problem and I have tried EVERYTHING including the girft sbf..gonna bring it back to verizon

Exiled44

Reaction score
I was having the same problem, my update didn't install. I was rooted and I only removed the NFS game. I did a wipe and it put NFS game back on there, then i downloaded the OTA update again and tried to install and failed again around 20% through. I called Verizon and they said i did everything they would try to do. They called Motorola and they said there's nothing they can do either... PFFT. Verizon said to take it to the Verizon store and have them flash it (Get rid of root) for you and if that doesn't work they are going to replace the phone. I had mine less than 30 days and they said i will get a brand new one. If i would have had it longer than 30 days i would get a refurbished one. Lucky me... Call Verizon and tell them everything you have tried (Leave out the root part and removing bloat apps) to do to get it working. Hopefully they replace your phones to. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid