1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

OTA 2.2 update via wifi????

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Garemlin, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

My Droid is current out of service. Been using my DX since it's release. Will I still be able to get the 2.2 update via wifi for the Droid or do I have to reactivate it to get the update. I know there are downloads available right now but I would rather keep it official.
  2. Card

Card New Member

You can actually now download the official build for Droid and install manually without waiting for the OTA update.

I would think that without service, you could not install the update OTA, since you won't have any kind of data or service plan on the phone. But I could be wrong.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread. Via Wi-Fi, you should be able to update it. But I still don't think the OTA update would show automatically.
  3. sroach23

sroach23 New Member

i did 2.1 on wifi. so this should be the same.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

droid incredible update over wifi

ota update via wifi

update drid bionic over wifi