OT: Presidential Signatures

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by BeachGirlNJ, Mar 30, 2010.

1. BeachGirlNJ

BeachGirlNJ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So here's a wildly off-topic question: When the president (any president) signs a bill, he uses several pens, sometimes dozens of them. Obama used 22 pens last week. I understand WHY he does it--afterwards they are given away as momentos. What I don't understand is HOW? On the news it almost looked as if Obama changed pens for every LETTER, he would pick up a pen and make a very quick small mark--surely not long enough to be his full name--and then change to another. How in the world can he possibly sign anything that way?! This is not to open up political commentary or about Obama, per se. Just a random observation and something I have wondered about many times in the past. I thought maybe one of you smart Droid folks might know.

:) Thanks!
    Cindi

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +5,860
    it can be done and I am sure that he has been practicing it by now. And you can not start a thread with any hint of political/religious views and not have people respond in a negative way. I am open minded and I have no ties to any political party. But there are some people looking to start something. This is why the admins/mods close threads that involves politics in any way. It it to prevent what may happen.

3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hah, I totally agree with the last post... lets keep this on topic and not bring up how conservatives suck or liberals are nazis...

On that note, if I were president I would use like 100 pens and sell them on eBay.