OS Won't Load

Rambler82

Reaction score
Problem: The OS won't Load. It will go through the loading process, up through the "Red Eye" but then restarts. Continues indefinitely.

Cause: I had orginally rooted my phone, X years ago. In the process of unrooting the phone, BusyBox got uninstalled. Upon restart, problem comes to light.

Things I've tried:
Verizon - Unable to provide any assistant.
"X" Power Button - I can get to the Yellow triangle screen, but I can't get to the recovery menu.
BootLoader - Low Battery, Unable to Program.

Other Information:
When connected to the wall charger, the charging icon has a question mark.
Computer will not recongize the phone as being connected.

Currently switched back to my BlackBerry, any assistance in recovering my Droid would be much appreciated, though I don't have much hope.

Thanks.

Last edited:

comk4ver

Reaction score
I would recommend you go out and buy a battery wall charger. Your battery won't charge because you're having a software issue. That'll solve your battery issue after that I suggest you sbf your phone back to factory settings. Make sure your battery is at 100% before sbfing! This will erase everything on your sd card make a backup! Then follow this walk through http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28784920&postcount=5
Good luck!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
X" Power Button - I can get to the Yellow triangle screen, but I can't get to the recovery menu.
press both volume buttons for more info read The DROID Wiki
When connected to the wall charger, the charging icon has a question mark.
not good, but sbf may fix read http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/216918-how-root-4-5-621-622-droid-2-a955-droid-r2d2-a957.html
I would recommend you go out and buy a battery wall charger. Your battery won't charge because you're having a software issue.
I agree try Amazon.com: eForCity Battery Desktop Charger for Motorola Droid 2: Cell Phones & Accessories
This will erase everything on your sd card make a backup!
no it does not touch your sd card, and flashing a sbf does not wipe data on your phone
a .sbf is a factory system image, flashing it will only restore system files and settings, but wiping phone data is recomended, to prevent conflicts and bootlooping
but that does not include sd card data