OS & Running Apps

OP
B

bjlaird

Reaction score
This is not really a thread on 2.1 it's more of a thread of someone trying to understand the Droid. Since it doesn't really concern itself with 2.1 I'm not deleting it, however I did change the title a bit.

Yes, it is about OS 2.1 (the first part)
I am still trying to find out if the 2.1 OS is for the HTC Droid Eris for Verizon or for a different device.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I got rid of the task killer because it was causing problems on my Droid. I have to say that once i got rid of it and forced myself to forget what was running in the background, I had longer batter life. Now I'm trying to convince my husband that ATK is not necessary and that the world will continue to revolve around the sun if he dumps ATK. Do not worry about what is running in the background, it is not causing any conflicts or running your battery down.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is not really a thread on 2.1 it's more of a thread of someone trying to understand the Droid. Since it doesn't really concern itself with 2.1 I'm not deleting it, however I did change the title a bit.

I am still trying to find out if the 2.1 OS is for the HTC Droid Eris for Verizon or for a different device.

It is not for the Eris. It is for the "Droid," sometimes called the Moto Droid. There is an expected update for the Eris coming along in the next few months.

OP
B

bjlaird

Reaction score

It is not for the Eris. It is for the "Droid," sometimes called the Moto Droid. There is an expected update for the Eris coming along in the next few months.

Well, that probably explains alot of my frustration.
I thought I had initially posted that I was inquiring about a Droid Eris. Yet, I think most of the responses I got back were from Moto Droid users.
There appears to be quite a difference in the operational of these 2 devices.