os 2.3.4

slobeachgirl

Reaction score
I have rooted droid bionic with OS 2.3.4. It's working fine and I have no complaints. My husband says I should upgrade to the latest OS. What do you think? I'm of the If-it's-not-broken-don't-fix-it school.
thanks
slobeachgirl

ldubs

Reaction score
Because you want ice cream sandwich and jelly bean and key lime pie!

sent from my icy bionic

DroidToro

Reaction score
ICS has some nice cosmetic and performance upgrades but there is nothing fundamentally different. Security concerns aside, there's nothing wrong with staying put if the phone addresses your needs nicely. JB is supposedly in the works so we might someday see stable stock and hacked ROMs. It has "google now", which could be a very useful feature. Maybe then it might be compelling enough to upgrade.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the performance upgrades is actually using the 2nd core, which is pretty nice. There's also a possible upgrade to 1.2mhz on the CPU speed. There's a launcher app and browser app that's designed to run on ICS.

One the other hand, if you use the FoxFi app, the app's creators said that it won't work on JB. Also the "Charge Only" option when connecting your Bionic to a PC goes away.

Last edited:

togman

Reaction score
ICS killed my Razr Maxx performance and battery life.

If it ain't broke and you are happy, don't "fix" it.

jayman350

Reaction score
ICS killed my Razr Maxx performance and battery life.

If it ain't broke and you are happy, don't "fix" it.

that was a separate issue with the razr and maxx, you guys got the update way before the Bionic did and moto pretty much said that that build was not ready for primetime but vzw told them to just do it.

This update is really what the Bionic should have been using all along. Ice Cream Sandwich is a much nicer, smoother experience than the previous version. A lot of us here had been going crazy trying to get our hands on the latest leak for ICS for a long time to flash it and see how it worked. I have been very happy with ICS, and the JB ROMs that are floating around out there (CM10 and CNA, NOT official moto builds)

Ultimately the choice is up to you if you want to upgrade or not