Original Razr Maxx Keyboard with a high-contrast color palette

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am wondering how to port the original Blacked out Keyboard that was on Gingerbread when the Razr Maxx was 1st produced?

Here is a photo of it:

http://cdn2.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/droid-razr-maxx-review-20.jpg
You may be able to find the gingerbread keyboard apk if you google for it. However, I'm not sure if you need the apk and other supporting files for that switch to work. You might be better off, and less hassle, going to the Play Store and locating a 3rd party keyboard that has the look and feel you're looking for. Most of them, in particular SwiftKey, has a number of options that allows you to change the color scheme of the keyboard.

UPDATE!!!!GO TO GOOGLE PLAY STORE AND SEARCH FOR GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD...THEY HAVE IT FOR YOUR DEVICE.

Last edited:
OP
T

togman

Reaction score
You may be able to find the gingerbread keyboard apk if you google for it. However, I'm not sure if you need the apk and other supporting files for that switch to work. You might be better off, and less hassle, going to the Play Store and locating a 3rd party keyboard that has the look and feel you're looking for. Most of them, in particular SwiftKey, has a number of options that allows you to change the color scheme of the keyboard.

UPDATE!!!!GO TO GOOGLE PLAY STORE AND SEARCH FOR GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD...THEY HAVE IT FOR YOUR DEVICE.

I have done the google store, but miss the old stock one that vanished with the ICS update.
I know there is a way to port it from the original GB rom, I just need to know what steps are involved?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have done the google store, but miss the old stock one that vanished with the ICS update.
I know there is a way to port it from the original GB rom, I just need to know what steps are involved?
Is the Gingerbread Keyboard app that is in the play store not the same one that you are looking for? It sure looks like it to me...but my memory is not all that good:biggrin: Go Here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...8uYW5kcm9pZC5pbnB1dG1ldGhvZC5sYXRpbi5mcmVlIl0. Android 2.3 Keyboard.

1KprgbMx6KAXEvrsICh-iBh8BxuRBqtGZgVwhONSJ4fj7appcgYCgBSeFaQb97P9QQ=h230

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
Is the Gingerbread Keyboard app that is in the play store not the same one that you are looking for? It sure looks like it to me...but my memory is not all that good:biggrin:

There is about six different ones on the app store. Good job jp.

Edit away, that's the one I remember.

OP
T

togman

Reaction score
There is about six different ones on the app store. Good job jp.

Edit away, that's the one I remember.

Hold up, that one is close, but look at the photo at the top of this thread, they are clearly different. It is the one created by Motorola for the Razr. It is white outlined black keys with gray "alt" keys.

I need that one, I have been to the app store and tried over 36 different keyboards hoping to duplicate this one for the last 5 months with no luck. I have the Razr "System Dump", now I just need some guidance in porting it over. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.