Original Droid's Latest Update Help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by HamDog, Jun 17, 2011.

1. HamDog

HamDog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm rooted and was using a custom rom. My phone was laggy, so I went back and started fresh with my phone. I'm currently rooted at Froyo 2.2 Build FRG22D (no custom ROM or kernetl). Everything runs awesome. But my phone keeps telling me there's an update available. Obviously, since I'm rooted, my phone won't accept the update, so I need to apply it manually. Where can I get this update? I remember seeing it posted on these forums when it came out many months ago. Just can't seem to find it now.

Any help is appreciated. I haven't kept up with this stuff for some time and am very rusty.

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Do you have a custom recovery? It would almost be easier to flash a stock FRG22G ROM. I'll see if I have the update anyways and pm you the dropbox link if I have it.

3. HamDog

HamDog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's exactly where I'm at and what I did. I flashed back to my stock FRG22 ROM. I just need the latest update. I appreciate the help if you can find the latest update!

4. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If possible, can you send that to me as well? I just got a replacement Droid from VZW with FRG83G and can't root it and I can't find the FRG22G zip file anywhere.

5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Sorry I meant FRG83G.

I don't have the file. You can root that using link one in my signature or SuperOneClick, directions are over at xda-developers website.

6. HamDog

HamDog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have Clockwork mod. I didn't back up my system when I had FRG83G because my original Droid was very slow (the famous Home Screen Delay problem). So I had to go back to FRG22 and it's running perfect. Except a couple of times a day, I get the "there's an update" message.

If anyone else knows of a link to that update that can be applied to a rooted FRG22, I'd appreciate it. I know it was available somewhere in one of the custom ROM forums, but I just can't find it anymore.

7. jengas kahn

jengas kahn Member

Ratings:
    +1
  8. HamDog

HamDog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!!!! There are lots of FRG83 files on there. Is there anyplace that tells of the differences?

EDIT---Nevermind. I had a blond moment....then I decided to use my brain and actually read the file names thoroughly. I'm in the process of working it out now. Thanks again for that awesome link to all the updates. Very useful.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  9. jengas kahn

jengas kahn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i can help you with figuring out what is what but i'd need to know some things...

how did you originally gain root? something like superoneclick or z4root? and have you tried using motocache's method?

how did you get back to frg22d after using a custom rom?

do you know exactly what rom you're on now? is it an ota update that you rooted yourself, or maybe a deodexed or odexed rom with root already included?

i'm asking this because i assume you want to not have to wipe your phone completely. this can be tricky because you will experience problems if you're coming from a deodexed rom and you try to flash an ota without wiping everything.

if you have root explorer or another root file manager, navigate to the /system/app directory and if there are corresponding .odex files after most of the .apks then you're most likely on stock. if there aren't then you're on a deodexed rom.