Original Droid X Froyo Camera

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
So, after a fruitless search through this site, I wanted to see if it is possbile/if anybody has gotten the original camera that came with OTA 2.2 patched to a ROM.

I'm am currently running RubiX Focused 1.6 with some JARubiX fixes, and need to know how to install a file, I suppose, for the original camera. Is there a patch for such a thing?

Thanks guys, in advance...

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So, after a fruitless search through this site, I wanted to see if it is possbile/if anybody has gotten the original camera that came with OTA 2.2 patched to a ROM.

I'm am currently running RubiX Focused 1.6 with some JARubiX fixes, and need to know how to install a file, I suppose, for the original camera. Is there a patch for such a thing?

I belive it can be done but you will need both the camera apk and the videoplayer apk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
codythibeauuu

codythibeauuu

Reaction score

I belive it can be done but you will need both the camera apk and the videoplayer apk

So, do you think that I could copy those from the stock images, then unzip Focused, replace the camera and video .apk's in there, then zip it back up and flash? That's kind of what I was thinking, but didn't know if someone has done it or had an easier tix than my idea.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
if u have root explorer...copy the blurcamera.apk (which is also the camcorder, so dont look for blurcamcorder or anything) anyway copy that apk from the system/app folder...put it on ur sd card somewhere. then flash focused 1.6...go back into explorer and rename the camera.apk that is now there that came with focused to camera.apk.bak....then go find where u put the blurcamera.apk and install it right from the sd card as if it were any other app. then i guess reboot...all done.

So, do you think that I could copy those from the stock images, then unzip Focused, replace the camera and video .apk's in there, then zip it back up and flash? That's kind of what I was thinking, but didn't know if someone has done it or had an easier tix than my idea.

OP
codythibeauuu

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
Here is a link to the stock 2.2 camera apk for Droid X. Just copy the zip file to your SD card, boot into recovery mode, and install the zip file. ONce you reboot you'll have the Droid X stock camera app.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Wow. That worked flawlessly. Thank you, much appreciated.

Thank you as well, v2 for your help.

Now, just to clarify before this thread is done, would have my method that I proposed even have worked?

I'm fairly new to Android and keep finding myself treating the OS tweaking like my BlackBerry or Windows...

HonestEnd

Reaction score
That could have worked possibly unless there were some extra blur dependencies that are needed in order for the camera to work

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App