Original droid to global

ncyrider16

Reaction score
Just got a Droid 2 global, upgraded from my original droid. Will the 16gb sd carb from Droid 1 work in the Global which comes with the 8gb card?

And the flash on the camera does not work. What should i do about this?

wildbill86

Reaction score
The card should work just fine. You might have to format it in the new phone. Not sure. I would think that since it came from a moto droid 1 you wouldn't have to, but I'm still relatively new to androids. As for the flash, check settings, try factory data reset, if not try to take it back under return policy or warranty. Strangely enough sometimes these phones have issues out of the box that factory data reset fixes. Example, mine would reboot using the slide unlock about once a day. Factory data reset fixed it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

wildbill86

Reaction score
Is the flash not working with the camera, or is it a flashlight app that won't turn it on. Not all apps work on all phones. I have downloaded a flashlight app that won't turn my led on.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
Just got a Droid 2 global, upgraded from my original droid. Will the 16gb sd carb from Droid 1 work in the Global which comes with the 8gb card?

I did the same (upgrade) and ya the SD card does work and yes, you will have to format the card using the D2G and then it will work fine.

For the flash check in your settings of the camera to see if it is disabled. Start the camera and see if it is on auto or off (there are four buttons on the right side of the screen, in case you are wondering). If it is on 'auto' may be the sensors think that you have enough light, the 'off' is obvious in either case turn it to 'on' and it should work. or else you might have to try 'reset the phone'.... N'joy!!!!!!!

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Is the flash not working with the camera, or is it a flashlight app that won't turn it on. Not all apps work on all phones. I have downloaded a flashlight app that won't turn my led on.

I use TeslaLED on my D2G. It works a peach with very bright LEDS.

wildbill86

Reaction score

I use widgetsoid. I can make widgets for almost anything, and it has a flashlight built in to it. I have all my power and sound settings on my home screen, along with ram, battery, and temp. 12 different buttons that only take up 4 icon slots.

Sent from my rooted D2G

kickyindahead

Reaction score

Ive used the same sd card since my bb tour until recently upgrading to a 32gb sdcard ... never had to format either card ..

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score

I use widgetsoid. I can make widgets for almost anything, and it has a flashlight built in to it. I have all my power and sound settings on my home screen, along with ram, battery, and temp. 12 different buttons that only take up 4 icon slots.

Sent from my rooted D2G

The widgetsoid flashlight is maybe 1/4 of the brightness of the TeslaLED app.

wildbill86

Reaction score

Sent from my rooted D2G

The widgetsoid flashlight is maybe 1/4 of the brightness of the TeslaLED app.

Really? I might just have to try it then.

Sent from my rooted D2G