Original Droid Slowness

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Ok, have had the original Droid since it first came out. Love it. Unfortunately, every so often, it just bogs down when doing very basic things. I don't have a ton of apps installed or anything and it's very intermittent.

Anyone seen this and got any ideas on how to fix it?

Also, a while back, when they updated the gallery app, it started taking FOREVER to open a photo just taken with the camera app in the Gallery app. Never learned why they did this or if there was a fix. It's quite annoying. Anyone know about that?

Thanks.

TheSkump

Reaction score
I've also been having problems with my Droid 1 slowing down over time. I've found that a root+overclock helps a bunch. Widgets are also a Droid 1 users worst enemy, as the phone's specs are plenty for light multitasking and single-app focus, but it just doesn't have the RAM or CPU speed to manage all the background work of widgets, particularly those flashy animated widgets.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brubakes

Reaction score
Same here. The more time passes the worse it seems to get. I'll wait 30+ seconds sometimes for just the home screen to load.

kookk

Reaction score
Flash project elite. My Droid used to be slow as all get out.

It runs super smooth, I never wait for widgets and hardly ever have fcs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
Just use a custom rom and then use a low voltage kernal. O/C it and problems solved. I use Bugless Beast 6.2.1 w/chevy lv 1.25 kernal. I run at 550 to 1.25 mhz w no problems at all. Original droid. Proof sucka!
4ce0e4dc-6ef5-c0f7.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Ok I'm having the same problem and it sucks. Could some one lead me to the best place to get the items listed in the above message. (Bugless Beast 6.2.1 w/chevy lv 1.25 kernal. I run at 550 to 1.25 mhz) Please also I need step by step instruction on how to install the roms.
Please with sugar on top. :)

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
Search this site for them. Or use rom manager premium and download them. Be prepared for any problems by first making a backup (nandroid) and then flash your rom, then your kernal.

Sent by an Original Droid. BB 6.2 O/C w Chevy lv 1.25

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
Instructions can also be found with the roms. Remember, after backing up, wipe everything before install of rom only

rudydroid

Reaction score
had the same problem once.
there's an app in the market that will show what is using your resources, esp cpu.
ended up bbc app kept hogging resources and cpu.
I uninstalled it, problem fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
Those apps are not needed on froyo or gb tho. They auto kill apps anyway. The cache is probly full. Try compcache for a better result.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Those apps are not needed on froyo or gb tho. They auto kill apps anyway. The cache is probly full. Try compcache for a better result.

This sounds more like the problem I'm having. It's not a clocking issue as it runs fine sometimes and slooooooowww other times.

Will give it a shot.

Zombie_Jesus

Reaction score
I have mine set to 26% and its been wonderful. I also have cachemate clear automatically every 3 hours. If this doesn't fix your problems with lag, then you may have "free" market apps sending info about your usage and this could cause it. Always check those permissions on install, lol.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I have mine set to 26% and its been wonderful. I also have cachemate clear automatically every 3 hours. If this doesn't fix your problems with lag, then you may have "free" market apps sending info about your usage and this could cause it. Always check those permissions on install, lol.

Good idea. We'll see how it does. Just installed an app to clear my cache(s).

iamjoe

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my DROID 1. I am not rooted. I did a factory reset, and stopped using any application launcher. All is well now.

FACTORY RESET is your friend, it was mine.