Original Droid Issue

ASUTodd

Reaction score
Here is my problem. I recently bought a new Droid 3. I was going to use my old droid as an "Ipod touch" type device for my sons to play with. Here is the issue I have ran into. I took out my old SD card and placed it into my new phone and used it with it. The old Original Droid I stuck an old 1 g sd card in. One of the apps that was left on the phone (that i forgot to take off) was an app called Seal. Seal is an app that allows you to lock certain things on the phone and use a swyping lock code to unlock them. It seems that the app has forgotten my swype code (its the same to unlock my new phone and was the same on my old one) and when you try to answer the security question it tells you that it is the wrong answer. I have a feeling it is doing this because the data for the app was stored on the SD card and now it cant find the answers to the security questions it needs. I tried to contact Sebastianapps (creator) but could not find a contact for them. I try to go into settings to unistall the app and its locked by seal... I used Droid explorer to install Astro on the phone to try and go in that way and it has all the apps locked out and you need to the swype code to get in, which as I have already stated seems to have been forgotten by the app. So now, what should I do? I just want to use the phone for the boys so they can play games or look a the net over wifi. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would factory reset the device and do a fresh download on any apps you want for the kids

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
A

ASUTodd

Reaction score
I would but the SEAL App has the settings locked where I can't get into it. I can open and run some APPS, ones for the kids that I didn't protect with SEAL, but settings and the like are locked.

tituswife

Reaction score
Take battery out, hold power button down while holding volume button down. That takes my phone to a screen where I can choose factory reset.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Are you familiar with rooting? It is very easy with the original droid. Once you root the phone you can wipe everything off of it then reinstall the OS and you will have a new phone. I'll watch for your reply today and see if I can help you out. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

OP
A

ASUTodd

Reaction score
Are you familiar with rooting? It is very easy with the original droid. Once you root the phone you can wipe everything off of it then reinstall the OS and you will have a new phone. I'll watch for your reply today and see if I can help you out. Good luck!

I'm very tech savy but alas, I have never rooted a Droid. I have looked at that option but have yet to pull the trigger. Mainly because I have found that there seems be about 100000 ways to "skin" the root cat... Any help would be appreciated.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
Ok, lets try this. Power off the droid, open the keyboard and hold down the X key while pressing the power button. Once the phone starts up you can release the power button but keep the X button depressed. This should boot you into the factory recovery program. When you get there you can release the X and slide the keyboard shut. You will see a few options like apply update.zip, and factory data reset. Obviously we want the factory data reset option. Using the volume rocker keys (navigation tool in recovery) push down until factory data reset is highlighted. Push the camera button ("Enter" in recovery) to select that option. You should see a warning asking if you definetly want to reset the phone. Scroll to yes then hit the camera button again. It should cycle through the data reset then restart. You should then have a completly new phone as far as the programming goes. You will notice a decent increase in it's speed too for a while. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

OP
A

ASUTodd

Reaction score
i tried that and it goes to a screen with a triangle with an exclimation point in it, its over top of a phone. it just sits there. the phone will boot correctly though so it isnt bricked.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
We will get this fixed. The D1 will rise again. Give me some time to research and I will PM you for the next step. It may be tomorrow because I'm not home until late tonight. In the mean time try this. When you get to the exclamation screen push up on the volume and the search button at the same time. I'll check back later.

OP
A

ASUTodd

Reaction score
That did the trick. Its reformatted. Thanks a ton! Now I guess its on to the rooting!

OP
A

ASUTodd

Reaction score
Just used Superoneclick root and rooted the phone. I guess Im all set for that custom rom now... again, thanks so VERY much for your help!