Original and New Motorola Bionic Comparison Options

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I can't see for the life of me why they wouldn't keep at least the same size battery as the original. Those specs suggest they switched to a smaller battery which doesn't make sense. It has everything the original had so why not keep of the same?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

May be the Pentile screen uses less power so it does not need the bigger battery.

Actually I hear it's the OMAP that uses less power.

Both use less power.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I'm hoping. Or i'm gonna have to get the extended battery! :icon_evil:

Haha, I said extended!

I can't see for the life of me why they wouldn't keep at least the same size battery as the original. Those specs suggest they switched to a smaller battery which doesn't make sense. It has everything the original had so why not keep of the same?

May be the Pentile screen uses less power so it does not need the bigger battery.

The original had the pentile screen too. Nothing is different other than the ram and processor.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Only 3 1/2 weeks from release, so we should start seeing more leaks and hopefully some of the specs should firm up. Maybe even some early reviews.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Guy at verizon store said mid to late aug. I'm really hoping for the 4th tho, we all know these verizon drone employees barely know anything

drust

Reaction score
I wish I could just get the new specs in my OG Droid.

Thing is built like a tank and I love it.

My D1 appears to have been built like a tank as well. It's been in my pocket with woodworking tools for two years, been dropped about three times and dunked in the bath tub once... and the thing still rocks the party!

sweat soaked, overheated, bricked, dropped 2 floors(dont ask), and the mfer keeps going... went through so many cases but hey the core still ticking

Reaction score
Guy at verizon store said mid to late aug. I'm really hoping for the 4th tho, we all know these verizon drone employees barely know anything

Why even bother ask, theyre just repeating what we heard 2 months ago. Btw... x2 screen is not bad at all.. the battery icon is the only thing that looks bad... but then again thats the icon

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

Why even bother ask, theyre just repeating what we heard 2 months ago. Btw... x2 screen is not bad at all.. the battery icon is the only thing that looks bad... but then again thats the icon
Ehh just wanted to see what they think. It was an older guy and seemed more like a manager, bc other employess were asking him stuff so I went over to him. I said a lot of people are really looking forward to this phone and he said he cant wait either lol

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
New Bionic looks pretty bad, was so excited about this phone until the revamp and the lolscreen.

Reaction score
Wow, I know this is not official yet, but if this is what is going to be the new Bionic, I'm glad that I decided to go with the Thunderbolt. I would have assumed that since they went back to the drawing board with this that it would have come back pretty loaded. If I was Motorola, I would have took note of the compitition (Charge, T-bolt, etc), and then made my Bionic way better. Is it me or have Motorola products gone downhill? I have enjoyed my D1 and X, but this Bionic is too old school for me. It looks like Motorola may have lost another happy customer. Just my $.02...:)

Rule number 1 in competitive tech business: Although you have the means to implement the technology, only advance in moderate increments, as not to affect hardware applications on next quarters devices. If they put what they are capable of putting in a phone at the moment, theyd have to double their R&D to play catch up with future phones.

This phone is the next step up from its predecessor, which is what they want. Give the people enough to make them feel they have the best at the moment, and release your next small step two months from now.

PJ_ED

Reaction score
Lol. That's the game. You will always be a step behind with technology. That's why the Best Buy commercials are so funny. They are true. 4d tv's are out now too!! :)

Reaction score
Not necessarily true. The iphone was untouched for how many years? Still I believe the only phone that came close to its field was the d1 and that just came out two years ago.

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums