Orientation Problem

wsg03

Reaction score
I don't know what I pressed, but I no longer have automatic screen rotation on the home screen or the apps screen. I've checked the settings and the auto orientation is checked. If I slide the keyboard, the screen rotates. I'm pretty sure that I didn't just imagine the home screen rotating before - did I????

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off welcome wsg

To answer your question the homescreen does not rotate. The apps/browser do.

Deploying the keyboard is the only way to get the homescreen to rotate (unless you install one of the many home replacement apps)

roflcopters

Reaction score
Like cereal said, unless you have some sort of Home replacement app installed your Home screen won't rotate unless the keyboard is slid open. Do your other apps still rotate like they are supposed to?

coroz

Reaction score
My home screen never rotated unless the keyboard was out, but most of the other apps did (text messages, email, and other apps), now they don't, unless I pull the keyboard out and slide it back in. I have left to phone on its side for a while thinking that it might be a slow os problem, but it never changed.

Automatic orientation is on it was always on.

coroz

Reaction score
Rebooting didn't help, but I just did a battery pull and that worked, i was hoping those blackberry days were gone.

thanks.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol Lackberry fixes... still makes me giggle.

andriodconvert

Reaction score
New user, so thanks for the information. I was having the same problem on my new Incredible, but solved the orientation problem. I see mentions of some good apps for the home screen. What do people recommend?