Organizing Music

LakeMountD

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something here but I am having an issue with my music. I uploaded about 100 songs to my Droid today. I went into the music player and realized how disorganized it was. I tried creating two separate folders for the two sets of songs that I want but the player just groups all the songs into one long list.

Is there a way to have it separate the files like the folders that I have them in? Seems pointless to group all of these songs together. It would take FOREVER to add each of them to a playlist all over again.

Thanks!

pouls29

Reaction score
I'm having pretty much the same issue. I can't stand how it organized itself. On a side-but-still-on-topic note, how do I manually create playlists from the computer after mounting the SD card? Can it even be done?

udroid

Reaction score
Just using my experience with playing with my music files today: connect your Droid to your PC, locate your Droid on your PC, then organize away! I haven't figured out how to do it on the phone yet, and I like using my PC because I can milti-select & move files quickly. If you figure out how to do this efficiently on your Droid, please pass it on.

ebarcus

Reaction score
udroid, you can use astro to multi move files on your droid
LakeMountD, im looking for the same answer, should be in a database file somewhere, simular to most programs if you delete the database and reboot, the device when starting up or when first executing the music program will rebuild the database cleaning up all our issues :D

to clear the database check this
To clear the data from the music app:

From home screen go to settings>apps>manage apps

press the menu button, choose filter and show all

scroll down and select music.

Press the "clear data" option. You will get a warning that all data will be deleted blah blah

Last edited: