Organinzing apps?

M

Matth3w

Damn, I would keep Home++ installed, but it seems pretty silly that you don't get a GMail and SMS button...Kinda defeats the purpose of saving the space, to me. Other than that, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Damn, I would keep Home++ installed, but it seems pretty silly that you don't get a GMail and SMS button...Kinda defeats the purpose of saving the space, to me.

Both are highly requested buttons to be added to the strip. Again, it's BETA. He's still working on a LOT of features. As well, the impending release of 2.1 has made him have to rethink some things, but he promises that the fully customizable powerstrip will have sms and gmail as well as other commonly requested apps!

M

Matth3w

I'll keep in installed in anticipation, but I'm going to stick with the default until those buttons get added.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're running a home replacement, ESPECIALLY Home++, it is best to remove your widgets from stock home and have them running ONLY in home++

How do I remove widgets from stock home and why?

Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you're running a home replacement, ESPECIALLY Home++, it is best to remove your widgets from stock home and have them running ONLY in home++

How do I remove widgets from stock home and why?

Thanks

Good question. My guess is that it simply loads the information up in the stock home if it was put there first, or perhaps it just gets confused and can't load up either.

All I'm sure of is that we've had several cases of people complaining about widgets not working right with home++, and myself and some others suggest taking them off the original home screen. So far, this has helped everyone with an issue, so I'll keep suggesting it until something else goes wrong.

If you're using home++, go to your app drawer and open "Home++ Menu"

When that pops up, select "Home chooser"

Select "Home"

When this returns you to the original home, long-press on a widget and drag it down to the app drawer tab [which will be a trashcan now if you didn't know that]

Once your widgets are removed from the stock home [I actually removed EVERYTHING from mine to ensure proper function and performance, but widgets DEFINITELY need to be removed], select "Home++ Menu" from your apps again.

Select home chooser again.

Be sure to click the checkbox to make Home++ your default home app if that's what you wish and then select Home++

If you're using another home replacement, I've been informed that there's a home chooser app on the market call Home Switcher.

That will do the same thing described in Home++'s home chooser!

If you have any more questions, or need any clarification, feel free to ask. This is pretty simple once you know how to get back home and back to Home++, so you should be fine!