Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem on the long windedness... I appreciate it actually. It seems like there isn't much of a solution yet. I understand what people are saying about having them in a place where you won't delete them accidentaly.. and puting the important ones on your home page in folders. I guess the OCD in me wanted to organize the drawer as well... :)

I have the same OCD when it comes to my phone...that's why I don't look in the app drawer...Haha!

My cousin bought a Droid the same day I did, and on the rare occasion that he's willing to let me look at his phone [usually because he left it sitting somewhere and left the room], I'm disgusted at his lack of organization.

[Don't get me started on him...He really didn't NEED the Droid, and will NEVER fully realize it's potential...Ha!]

Nepherim

Reaction score
PandaHome provides alphabetized tabs in the app draw which groups your apps. Makes it a little easier to find things.

Parafly9

Reaction score
What are you guys using for Folder Groups? I'm having a hard time figuring out what goes into what bin, and then I forget where I put them.

Although I suppose with the "labeling" system; you can put icons in multiple folders if you are unsure.

SurraTT

Reaction score
+1 here

the app drawer is really driving me crazy.

ITs actually the only thing i dislike about the andriod/moto droid.

and i DO NOT want my home screen(s) cluttered with app shortcuts and folders.

Someone figure this out PLEASE

Reaction score
i hate clutter too...this is my answer...

drocap5.jpg
and
drocap260.jpg

M

Matth3w

What are you guys using for Folder Groups? I'm having a hard time figuring out what goes into what bin, and then I forget where I put them.

Although I suppose with the "labeling" system; you can put icons in multiple folders if you are unsure.
I have four labels that I use. Shop, Entertainment, Travel, Tools.

In Shop I have:
- Amazon
- CNET
- Market
- Ebay
- USAA

In Entertainment I have:
- Aloqa
- Games
- Gallery
- iHeartRadio
- Pandora
- Movies
- Live Scores
- Shazam

In Travel I have:
- TripIt
- FlightTrack

In Tools I have:

- Action Complete
- Alarm
- Maps
- Apps Organizer
- Astro
- Calculator
- MyBackupPro
- PhoneMyPC
- PicSay
- Settings
- Unit Converter
- YouMail

Here's a shot using Apps Organizer
1263337810913.png

Navigation has 13 apps and Internet has 9.

There is a trash at the bottom. If you do a long press on an icon it'll show up.
I really like that home replacement. What is it, what theme, and can you change what icons appear at the bottom or at the very least, the order?

zakany

Reaction score
On a home page I have nine folders:

Comm
Calendar
Contacts
Corporate Calendar
Email
Gmail
Messanging
Music
Phone
Voice
Voice Dialer
Voice Search
Facebook
Talk
Browser
Easy WiFi
Market
Audio
Shazam
Listen
Music
Pandora
Ringdroid
Slacker
Amazon MP3
Video
Camera
Barcode Scanner
CNET Scan & Shop
Goggles
Key Ring
Scan2PDF Mobile
Gallery
Photoshop
PicSay
YouTube
Qik
Search
Browser
TV-Guide
Amazon MP3
Barcode Scanner
CNET Scan & Shop
Contacts
Droid Dictionary
Maps
Market
Movies
Quickpedia
Voice Search
Where
Yellowbook
YouTube
News
AP Mobile
DailyStrip
Express News
Issuu
Listen
Movies
Quickpedia
SportsTap
The Weather Channel
TV-Guide
Where
YouTube
Droid Dictionary
NubiNews
Games
Abduction!
Backgammon
Barrage Lite
Bebbled
CB Blackjack
Coloroid
Flight Director Lite
Frozen Bubble
Jelix Lite
Jewels
MeteorLite
Mystique Chapter One
Nesoid Lite
Par 72 Golf Lite
Phit Droid Deluxe
Pinball
Radian Lite
Raging Thunder Lite
Slimeball Lite
SNesoid Lite
Solitaire
Speed Forge 3D Lite
Sudoku Free
Vegas Pool Sharks Lite
WaveDefense
Zebra Paint
Zilch Free
Robo Defense
Internet
Maps
Calendar
Contacts
Corporate Calendar
Email
Gmail
Facebook
Browser
Messaging
Talk
YouTube
SportsTap
Market
Utilities
Calculator
Car Home
Notes
Alarm Clock
Bubble
Calculator (a scientific calculator)
Calorie Counter
Compass
Droid Dictionary
DroidLight
Google Sky Map
My Verizon
PdaNet
Scan2PDF Mobile
Shazam
Unit Convertor
Voice Recorder
Voice Dialer
Voice Search
WaveSecure
Market
System
ApkInstaller
DigiClock Settings
DockRunner
Easy WiFi
PdaNet
Settings
WaveSecure
Market
Where's My Droid
That seems to work out just fine for me. Leaves space for the power control widget at the bottom and three blank spots for more folders if necessary (all on my left screen).

My middle screen doesn't have folders. I have the DigiClock widget, Pandora Folder, CalWidget, The Weather Channel Widget, Contacts, Phone, Browser, and Maps apps there.

My right screen is blank.

Still, even with all those apps, I can scan my entire apps drawer with one flick. It's pretty much flick, stab, select.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have four labels that I use. Shop, Entertainment, Travel, Tools.

I really like that home replacement. What is it, what theme, and can you change what icons appear at the bottom or at the very least, the order?

It's Home++ with no theme. You can change the power strip at the bottom.

I have 7 Labels, holding anywhere from 5 to 15 apps each. One nice thing about App Organizer is that if you have multiple Home replacements, you can put the same labels in each if you want to and they are already filled with the same apps.

M

Matth3w

How do you edit it the bottom row? Did you have to download an icon pack for those? And last question - do you have any issues with Home++ (FC, lag, etc)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you edit it the bottom row? Did you have to download an icon pack for those? And last question - do you have any issues with Home++ (FC, lag, etc)

In the menu under Power Bar. I know you can add and subtract items, but I'm not sure about changing the order. I haven't found any issues with Home++. I do have it set to 4 screens so that may help the speed and lack of FC.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Menu>Preferences to edit the powerstrip at the bottom.

Some people express issues with what they call "Force Closes," but the dev has informed us on the forum for home++ that if it offers the option to wait, it's an ANR-Application Not Responding and just means that the app is busy. In all cases, if you push wait or force close, there's barely even a delay bringing the home back up.

I used home++ for a couple months and never had much of an issue with that, so I assume it's people's settings...

The dev is AWESOME about addressing issues and keeps up with the forum for home++ [Menu>Preferences>Issues Group] and there are people like me who try to help offer info if we've already read about about an issue and seen the dev's reply...

Check it out. It's pretty darn slick!

**EDIT: I ran it with 5 screens and didn't have a problem. The dev has stated that a FULLY customizable bar is in the works [rearranging order of icons]. This app is still only BETA, but already a top competitor for home replacement apps.

As well, when 2.1 comes, the dev has stated that he's working on dividing home++ into two separate [and more efficient] apps so you can use what you want and not have the rest taking up space. This MAY include the powerstrip being a separate app, so you'll have your 5 screens from 2.1 AND the powerstrip. I've been trying to live without home++ for almost a week now, and I find myself still trying to push powerstrip buttons that I don't have anymore. They're SO useful and get rid of a LOT of clutter!

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
As well, when 2.1 comes, the dev has stated that he's working on dividing home++ into two separate [and more efficient] apps so you can use what you want and not have the rest taking up space. This MAY include the powerstrip being a separate app, so you'll have your 5 screens from 2.1 AND the powerstrip. I've been trying to live without home++ for almost a week now, and I find myself still trying to push powerstrip buttons that I don't have anymore. They're SO useful and get rid of a LOT of clutter!

That's one of the problems I had with the stock home; that the phone (this is a phone, remember) isn't always available. Most home replacements have a way have having it on any screen. I was planning to put the Phone icon on every screen if I was using the stock home. This will be nice if they do make an app like you're saying.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I tend to return to my main screen all the time, but I won't deny that having the powerstrip and being able to access your phone, browser, and other things no matter what screen you're on is a REAL plus.

Discussions - Home++ Issues | Google Groups

Check out the official forum if you'd like.

As well:
"Months ago, someone suggested me make the power strip a separate app;
I refused. At that time, I didn't have a whole image of where home
applications go.
Now, I just have a *great idea* (at least I think so) about the niche
of power strip, please wait until the coming of my launcher listing
app :) (and I'm waiting for the nexus one launcher's source code. They
started an brand new project called Launcher2, and made an empty
initial commit 4 days ago.)" -Intuitit [Dev of Home++]

That quote comes from here:

Observations of Home ++ and request - Home++ Issues | Google Groups

If you join the group and begin posting, PLEASE browse previous threads. There are a LOT of posts about Widgets and things. [If you're running a home replacement, ESPECIALLY Home++, it is best to remove your widgets from stock home and have them running ONLY in home++

**EDIT: As stated, I'm not CURRENTLY using home++, but I receive an abridged e-mail every night and still try to help answer questions when I can. [I'm kinda just waiting to see the powerstrip as it's own app, since I'm content with my 3 screens now that I've created folders using App organizer, so didn't see the point in having an entire home replacement just for the powerstrip. Might still go back though. Depends on how long it takes for 2.1 to come OTA and/or how long it takes for the dev to roll out these new ideas.]

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

I always go to the home screen (I actually only have a calendar widget on one of the other screens, the other is blank), but I just like the look of it.