Org droid to Straight talk

bdysncher

Reaction score
OK so I am so new to the forum you can just smell the "newbie" scent all over me. Now that we have that out of the way. I have an original droid that is mint condition. My question is rather simple but not simple enough for me to figure out. I live in the chicago land area, and want to get my droid on a pay as you go service like straight talk. First off, is it even possible? Second, what other options do I have? Yep I opened the door for all the newbie remarks, but I have to start somewhere :)

Thanks in advance

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First welcome. your phone can be used on straight talk but not easily or cheap .its a non sim phone which makes it more difficult . i cannot find link to how to do it .. i will continue to look . but for reference look to spend 100 to 200 dollars . i know it involves buying one of there CDMA phones with data

vey

Reaction score
If you want to put a Verizon phone on PayGo, your best bet is Page Plus. They are one of the few companies that let you bring your own phone and they use the Verizon network. I have a Droid 1 phone on them now. The plan I use is called "The 12" which for a whole $12 a month gives me 250 minutes, 250 SMS and 10MB of data. Using Wifi at home and work (same place) means I really don't need don't need much data when I am elsewhere.

Here is a grid that shows prices of most of the companies so you can compare prices:
Prepaid Compare

phonetool

Reaction score
If you want to put a Verizon phone on PayGo, your best bet is Page Plus. They are one of the few companies that let you bring your own phone and they use the Verizon network. I have a Droid 1 phone on them now. The plan I use is called "The 12" which for a whole $12 a month gives me 250 minutes, 250 SMS and 10MB of data. Using Wifi at home and work (same place) means I really don't need don't need much data when I am elsewhere.

Here is a grid that shows prices of most of the companies so you can compare prices:
Prepaid Compare

Dang! This sounds great!

-CM7 on DInc2

OP
B

bdysncher

Reaction score
open...

I guess I am open to other ideas, I just know that I own this droid free and clear. I figured I'd have to buy something.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum.. nice name :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
B

bdysncher

Reaction score
heheheheheeh

Awwwwwww thanks, I've had this name on plenty of forums. not a forum newbie, but none the less a newbie to here

vey

Reaction score
I guess I am open to other ideas, I just know that I own this droid free and clear. I figured I'd have to buy something.

Owning a phone free and clear doesn't mean beans unless the company lets you bring your own phone. Fewer and fewer are allowing that. They don't want the support headaches.

OP
B

bdysncher

Reaction score
First welcome. your phone can be used on straight talk but not easily or cheap .its a non sim phone which makes it more difficult . i cannot find link to how to do it .. i will continue to look . but for reference look to spend 100 to 200 dollars . i know it involves buying one of there CDMA phones with data

That would be great! I look forward to any information you can toss my direction

Thanks

vey

Reaction score
That would be great! I look forward to any information you can toss my direction

Thanks

I'm confused. Why would someone be willing to spend hundreds to use a $50 phone on a foreign system? Fifty dollars is what I paid for my phone when I bought it off of Craig's list. Doesn't make much sense.

OP
B

bdysncher

Reaction score
I'm confused. Why would someone be willing to spend hundreds to use a $50 phone on a foreign system? Fifty dollars is what I paid for my phone when I bought it off of Craig's list. Doesn't make much sense.

I'm confused why someone has to just toss 2 cents in without any viable information..