Ordering X (not from verizon)

Mandroid11

Reaction score
So I was going to wait for the DInc HD or any of the new phones coming out early next year, but I really don't want to pay extra for 4g and i wont even have it here.

My family plans NE2 is Nov 28, but I was thinking of maybe chatting with verizon and seeing if I could move it up a bit. Anyways, my question is if anyone here has upgraded to their X or another phone through amazon,walmart,best buy, etc? and how did your experience go?

I was going to see how the black friday deals looked coming around and try to pick up a cheap droid X as my phone through amazon or something, and the other person on the family plan might go through verizon or amazon for a regular phone.

Peaceful75

Reaction score
Verizon wouldn't upgrade me because they suckered me into an early upgrade just before the summer with their Anniversary event. Even after my Hubby called and mentioned moving over to Sprint. They wouldn't even just give a small price break. So, I have purchased my X via Ebay. It will arrive tomorrow, and I will be calling them to have it activated. They can't keep me from what I want :)

RudyN

Reaction score
If you are a member of Costco you can get a Droid X there. I bought mine there a little over two weeks ago and with it I received a case, car charger and ear buds. It was $168.00 out the door.

claret

Reaction score
I was in Wallyworld today to check out upgrade price for dx. Was told that next week they will be offering a $100.00 gift certificate and $149.00 price.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I cant speak specifically for the X, but my wife just popped for a new Droid 2 from Amazon.com, and out the door it was $79.99...then we did the new Verizon deal that is being discussed in the Droid News forum...she had the phone in 3 days, activated and using it same day it arrived...no hassles at all...

digdug1

Reaction score
i am ready to upgrade now but unfortunately i must go through verizon b/c i will be doing their early upgrade program after 12 months. i wish i could take advantage of these prices :(