Ordered the Rezound this morning!

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
Good choice, its a solid daily driver. And I agree, as much as I would love to have the G Nex, its not a daily driver for me since ICS is still too new and still a big buggy.

And just so you know, data issues are also part the 4G network, not always the phone, but the Rezound does a good job at limiting network issues on the phone side of things. So anything you experience is probably VZW lol

Gotcha on the 4G network issues. Thanks again for taking the time to reply today, you've help convince me I made a good choice for my needs. I've found on tech equipment other than personal experience forums are the closest you can get to helping you decide what brand/model to buy.

Thanks again, I appreciate your feedback.

t35rk

Reaction score
Honestly I've not heard about the LG until just now reading your post, but for you to ask if I thought about getting it instead it kinda makes me wonder if the Rezound display is really that bad.

I've already got enough feedback from you guys to get the sense the Rezound is a nice phone, but with that said I don't want to use my upgrade on a crappy display when I'll mainly use this phone as a media device. Just based on the display should I reconsider the Rezound on that alone?

My Original Incredibles LCD screen is superior to every Rezound screen I have compared it to. The black background of the application drower is blacker. The whites aren't as pink. Flesh tones on YouTube aren't as salmon, and outside viewing is slightly better, although neither are good.

The rezound is a very solid device but lacks that "wow" factor, at least compared to the screen on the incredible. It is the Sandra Bullock of phones.

The Spectrum is the same phone as at&ts LG Nitro. Its screen should be the best, including good outside viewing. If the spectrum holds true to form of other LG phones, it would prove to be also a train wreck. The Kim kardashian of phones.

Onky you know what you want to live with, but a key for the priorities you listed, will be the data drops. HTC is on another planet when it comes to holding a 4g signal as compared to other 4g Verizon phones, in a good way.

I think you should wait and see about the LG.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Phone Man

Reaction score
I love my Rezound. I chose it over the Nexus because I did not like the battery
cover on the Galaxy and I did not like the feel of it.
I keep my Rezound on 3G instead of 4G so that it last all day with moderate
use. When I go to bed I still have about 20% battery life.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I have a question about cases, are there any other brands that offer the same protection otterbox offers? The only issue I have with otterbox is they only make black expect for the iphone it seems. No matter what phone you get other than iphone your stuck with a black box. I wish otterbox would make colors for other phones and not just iphone.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question about cases, are there any other brands that offer the same protection otterbox offers? The only issue I have with otterbox is they only make black expect for the iphone it seems. No matter what phone you get other than iphone your stuck with a black box. I wish otterbox would make colors for other phones and not just iphone.

I feel the same, the only colored cases I come across are the silicone cases, there are a few "metal" like cases that are in color but none that offer as much protection as the Otterbox does.

If anyone does find some, post 'em here!

kparks

Reaction score
Yes, the Rezound has Gorilla Glass.

I actually prefer the LCD+ screen on the Rezound over the Super AMOLED on the G Nex and Razr. I feel the Super AMOLED washes out certain colors and actually isn't as crisp as the LCD+. My only gripe about LCD is its hard to see in direct sunlight, but its rare this happens for me, so no biggie.

I even think this display looks way better than the displays on the mom's and sister's i*hone 4S's.

The rezound does not have gorilla glass and the nexus does not either.. They both have reinforced glass its the same thing just a different brand.. The rezound has hands down the best display u can buy right now in my opinion of course. The razr and nexus screen looks terrible way oversaturated everything looks so fake.. The lg ips display looks great but i would not buy a lg phone just yet. Get the Rezound u will love it bro its awesome ive used it as well as the others and its top notch and i would highly recommend it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
The razr and nexus screen looks terrible way oversaturated everything looks so fake..

I really liked the Nexus display, but I agree about the over saturation. All you need to do is take a photo with the Nexus and view it on any computer monitor. The difference is like night and day. The Rezound photos look just as good on any monitor as it does on the phone, meaning its display is spot-on accurate and true to life.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
I really liked the Nexus display, but I agree about the over saturation. All you need to do is take a photo with the Nexus and view it on any computer monitor. The difference is like night and day. The Rezound photos look just as good on any monitor as it does on the phone, meaning its display is spot-on accurate and true to life.

I totally agree maybe calling them terrible was a over statement they are a top display and many like them but they deff oversaturate i think there the worst of the top end displays tho.. Again in my opinion of course

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Side-by-side in the store the Rezound display really did look noticeably brighter and sharper than the Nexus (to be fair, I don't know what the display settings were). If for whatever reason you do watch a lot of video on your phone, that gives a real edge to the Nexus.

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I got the Rezound today, getting it activated was awful. I had to drive 40 miles to my local store so they could activate it. They had to change Sims. So far I'm still deciding if I like this.

I compared the display to the Razr and Nexus and I have to say the Razr looks the best to me. The layout of the HTC doesn't seem as user friendly as the Motorola phones I've had so far, but I may just need to adjust.

Like the web browser, I only see refresh on the top right and back on the left. Both the Motorola droids have a fav tap by the address bar. I don't like not having that. I haven't had the best luck with Moto in the past with phones freezing but I do prefer the user interface on the motos better so far.

Based on first impressions I'm considering exchanging for a Razr, but after a few more days I could change my mind. I also got 20 meg speeds on a bionic I had for a day, I only get 10 megs on this rezound. This isn't a bad phone, I'm just not impressed so far.

Sent from my HTCRezound using DroidForums

JTAC

Reaction score
Just got my Rezound today. So far...loving it. I don't miss my Galaxy Nexus at all. Call quality and speakerphone is much better as is display and camera. All I need now is ICS and I'm all set.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the Rezound today, getting it activated was awful. I had to drive 40 miles to my local store so they could activate it. They had to change Sims. So far I'm still deciding if I like this.

I compared the display to the Razr and Nexus and I have to say the Razr looks the best to me. The layout of the HTC doesn't seem as user friendly as the Motorola phones I've had so far, but I may just need to adjust.

Like the web browser, I only see refresh on the top right and back on the left. Both the Motorola droids have a fav tap by the address bar. I don't like not having that. I haven't had the best luck with Moto in the past with phones freezing but I do prefer the user interface on the motos better so far.

Based on first impressions I'm considering exchanging for a Razr, but after a few more days I could change my mind. I also got 20 meg speeds on a bionic I had for a day, I only get 10 megs on this rezound. This isn't a bad phone, I'm just not impressed so far.

Sent from my HTCRezound using DroidForums

The first time I messed with Blur, to help a buddy set his D2 up, I had a very hard time because I was so used to Sense.
I agree, give it a few days and it will seem easier. Not saying whether or not you'll like it, just it will be easier to use

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Reaction score
I decided to return my Rezound and get the Nexus. The Rezound is a nice over all phone, I just didn't really like it.

So far I'm really enjoying the Nexus even though I said I wouldn't get it, I just didn't like the LCD screen, I immediately liked the Nexus display much better.

My wife keep the Rezound and really likes it, but she is torn about trying the iPhone.

I wanted this Nexus from the beginning but wasn't sure about the issues I keep hearing about, so far its been fine.

I didn't want to keep a phone I really wasn't crazy about, the rezound just didn't have that wow factor for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited: