ordered Inc. and have a few ?? Before it gets here

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Hey all, I have been fighting with Winmo for 8 months and I am fed up!! I ordered my Inc. yesterday and have a few pre questions before I get it.

First, how am I going to port my contacts over to the droid??

Second, Winmo used a windows program to back up all my data for free, is there such a critter for droid??

Last, "for now" where are the good and reputable places for buying apps?? I have seen a few but have no idea if they are legit or not.

Thanks all, please be gentle with me. When I said why I was leaving winmo over at another forum I was told time and time againg I was just not smart enough to use a winmo phone hahaha!!!!

Chris

coreno

Reaction score
Hey all, I have been fighting with Winmo for 8 months and I am fed up!! I ordered my Inc. yesterday and have a few pre questions before I get it.

First, how am I going to port my contacts over to the droid??

Second, Winmo used a windows program to back up all my data for free, is there such a critter for droid??

Last, "for now" where are the good and reputable places for buying apps?? I have seen a few but have no idea if they are legit or not.

Thanks all, please be gentle with me. When I said why I was leaving winmo over at another forum I was told time and time againg I was just not smart enough to use a winmo phone hahaha!!!!

Chris
You have a few options for your contacts.
1. Connect the phone to your computer and back up your contacts to Outlook. HTC Sync can then grab them from Outlook (I think, I haven't tried it yet, though HTC Sync does claim to sync to outlook)
2. Bring your phones to a Verizon store and they have a neat device that can copy contacts.
3. (Somehow) Back up your contacts to Google

HTC Sync I think for now only backs up contacts, I don't know of any apps that backup settings and such at the moment (at least without rooting). Otherwise you'll have to connect the Phone as USB storage and jsut backup the files manually.