Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by JohnDroid, Jun 25, 2010.

1. imail724

imail724 New Member

First android phone: consider yourself preordered.
  2. gar

gar New Member

How well is BestBuy's return, exchange, and repair policies? Also, how are they compared to Verizon's? Just wondering because I still haven't decided between the Droid X, Droid 2, and/or whatever new Droid is coming out this fall.
  3. brianr0131

brianr0131 New Member

What's the big thing about pre-ordering? You can get it overnighted from VZW so you'd have to wait an extra day or so. That's it.

Also, this is Motorola here, not HTC they will be properly stocked all over. The Droid was a hugely anticipated item and I didn't hear of anyone having a hard time getting one.

I would wait a week before I'd order from BB or Wirefly or Amazon or Walmart.

Use VZW online....you'll thank me later.
  4. Jackthefrost

Jackthefrost New Member

I am happy with my droid

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. FknTwizted

FknTwizted New Member

yeah dont worry about your local guys, you know the ones that buy from your companies.... when you buy from the big boxes and online you just take money out of your community.,.. just dont ***** when that local guy doesnt buy from you cause he is out of a job and then guess what... if they dont buy from you then you dont have a job and then that leaves everybody with a sweet phone and now way to pay for it.. Keep it local guys its only 2 weeks you wait for a rebate.
  6. Warner

Warner New Member

The way I look at it is that it's not the consumers who are pre orderiing at Best Buy who are screwing the "local guy" (BTW, isn't my local Best Buy a "local guy" too?). This is absolutely something that Verizon themselves could easily control by allowing their authorized stores to pre-sell prior to, or at least at the same time as the Best Buy. Am I missing something here? And why would I want to mail in a rebate or wait for shipping, etc when I don't have to? If I really felt it was helping someone "local" more than it was by buying it from my local Best Buy, I might consider it.....but I just don't see it.

Warner
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Best Buy is not a "local guy" it's the giant box that puts the local guys out of business.
  8. Warner

Warner New Member

Okay....so who IS the "local guy" in this case? Verizon?

Warner
  9. FknTwizted

FknTwizted New Member

Verizon isn't the local guy, agents in the area ie not walmart, best buy.... the money the get from u gets taking out of your area and gets shipped to there corp hq and before u chime in what they put back into ur area is no where near what they take out.... look it up sometime u might vomit on how much a leach these big box stores are on ur local economy.
  10. RedBull

RedBull New Member

Yeah...and it's horrible how they pay the employees in that community for working there. Giving them employee discounts and benefits for their family. It's a shame how it supports those local residents with their income and paying bills. Very tragic indeed Twizted. So terrible that they provide those jobs to that community...
  11. FknTwizted

FknTwizted New Member

What the 30-50 jobs.... and if the local grocery store close and smaller electronics close boy yeah ur right 30-50 jobs verse I don't know 1000's.... do me a huge favor before u open the hole u call a mouth do some research on economics and u might be blown away.
  12. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

heres my question.. i just canceled my inc order because the X appears to be a better phone for the same price.. am i better off waiting until i can order it on the VZW website 2) pre order from BB or 3) stand in line on the 15th and snag one there? im leaning toward waiting to order it on the VZW website the second its avail and overnighting it.. only reason i dont wanna go through BB is the possibility of a problem and having to deal with BB instead of verizon
  13. sroach23

sroach23 New Member

i get a 20% discount for verizon through my work. if i go through best buy can i still get the discount?
  14. Warner

Warner New Member

I hope so! I get 12% through my employer as well, and did my pre order through Best Buy. If you go on Best Buy's site, they have a tool that tells you which phones you have upgrade discounts from......so they MUST tie-in to Verizon directly. I don't see any reason why the discount wouldn't apply. Or are you talking about the discount on the PURCHASE price of the phone?

Warner
  15. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I think we've had enough of an economics lesson, let't keep this on topic.
  16. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

I just spoke with my local VZW sales rep and his exact words were there will not be a stock issue with this phone :) ..and there wont be any pre ordering :( .. he said the best thing to do is come down to the store and if you are somewhat early you will leave the store with one..if not within a few days they will recieve a new shipment.. "samsung dropped the ball on the HTC inc" so im going to hopefully get off work (cause i have to work 7am-7pm on the 15th) and happily have a droid X.. hope this helps anyone who doesnt know wether to pre order from BB or go to VZW.. imo id rather deal with VZW and have the 30day return no questions
  17. n0yxl

n0yxl Member

Best Buy Pre-Order

I Pre-Ordered my Droid from my local Best Buy, and I was very pleased with how they handled the whole process. They even called me that morning to set up an appointment to get it activated. I will definitely pre-order thru them next time.
  18. fishstick600

fishstick600 New Member

im not saying not dont XD i just plan on doing to vzw because ill feel a little more easy about it is all.. personal pref .. im sure 90% of the time BB will handle things great but id rather get the phone from my provider is all.. but to each his own so t minus 18days hopefull! funny i was saying t minus 30 days for my incredible last month XD
  19. phillyphill39

phillyphill39 New Member

i cant buy phones for bby because of my account. tried to get the tour and they gave me the Heisman. so i have to order online, but i don't have to worry about rebate since they always take those off for me anyways.
  20. TK4261

TK4261 New Member

I walked into my local Best Buy yesterday and Pre-ordered it very quickly. They require a $50 deposit and I was told that I was only the 3rd person to pre-order from that store :)
    Sold My Droid incredible on Ebay for $600 to get this phone dancedroid
Search tags for this page
any way to avoid mail in rebates for cell phones?

dont want mail in rebate verizion