order and chaos 3g to wifi trick

antiaxiom

Reaction score
So I've seen alot of posts saying that its possible to trick o&c to think your in wifi by just activating your wifi and scanning without an actual wifi connection. I've tried to do this as explained but no luck. Curious if there is a missing piece to the puzzle. Im currently using a droid x unrooted, wondering if only certain phones allow this wifi trick to work, or if rooting your phone, tethering, or something else would be required. So anyone who has gotten this trick to work post your phones specs and/or any method that might need to be done besides just turning wifi on. Any ideas or thoughts are welcome.

OP
A

antiaxiom

Reaction score
Is there no one having issues with getting 3g to work when wifi is on without a connection? I've tried just about every which way with turning on and off wifi, system updates, and still no 3g running this game.anyone have any ideas? Keep seeing other posts making this work and its making me go crazy wondering wth is my problem.

hatephil

Reaction score
It works for me on Thunderbolt without the WiFi trick since the last update. I can just connect with 4G straight up.

Stock BTW.

Last edited:

fisterkev

Reaction score
Stock unrooted Droid X w/ Gingerbread here, the wifi/3G trick works fine on mine.

kandiman1224

Reaction score
Stock unrooted Droid X w/ Gingerbread here, the wifi/3G trick works fine on mine.

Really? :( i cant get it to work for me at all and i also have a droid x with gingerbread official update, what could i be doing wrong here?

fisterkev

Reaction score
I have no idea. I didn't change any settings at all, just turned on Wifi and it worked...

kandiman1224

Reaction score
Do you have any wifi's remembered?

*Update* I have tried it with wifi on and off and no luck so i cleared the cache and reinstalled with no luck either and I had 1.5-1.8 mbps speed on my 3g connection....maybe its a hardware thing...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited: