Solved Orange "Eye" Symbol...Help?

8Cloverstone8

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
My bf suddenly has this orange eye type of symbol that randomly shows up on his homescreen on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. The phone is completely stuck while it's there, if we attempt to click on it, nothing happens...then it disappears within approximately 30 seconds. What is this and how can we get rid of it...help please and thank you?!
025201744527.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum. That's a strange one. Is there an app in his app drawer that has a similar logo? Another place to look would be in the application manager in his settings.

OP
8Cloverstone8

8Cloverstone8

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Thank you for the reply! No nothing at all, we are both very familiar with Android and generally know what to look for and have searched endlessly but to no avail. He downloaded a couple of games the night before it started happening, we thought they could be related and removed them both but wonder if one had some odd virus attached that's causing this now?? I have also done a reverse image search but have found nothing either unfortunately.

Last edited:
OP
8Cloverstone8

8Cloverstone8

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Haven't tried safe mode yet and honestly forgot it existed Jonny, will try and let you know. Thank you very much, it's appreciated!!

OP
8Cloverstone8

8Cloverstone8

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
After you have removed those 2 apps, have you done a factory reset?

Thank you for the reply Jeffrey, he's trying to avoid a factory reset, last resort but if necessary, that will be what we'll end up doing. Going to attempt the safe mode option first and see if it fixes it. Thank you

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Thank you for the reply Jeffrey, he's trying to avoid a factory reset, last resort but if necessary, that will be what we'll end up doing. Going to attempt the safe mode option first and see if it fixes it. Thank you
Yes I understand why a FR is his last choice..
Keep in mind that this is most likely the result of a rogue App. When you delete Apps, there still may be segments left behind that continues to corrupt his device.
A FR may be your only solution. If you decide to go forward with the reset, please be sure to backup contacts and data.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You could try wiping the cache partition before an fdr. I doubt it'll clear it up, but worth a shot. No data gets lost when you do that & it's been known to clear up some issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL

OP
8Cloverstone8

8Cloverstone8

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Thank you for all of the ideas, advice and help; safe mode fixed it for us so we didn't need to do anything else. It's definitely gone and running normally. I appreciate the other suggestions too in case I run into any future problems and have more solutions now to try as well. Thanks again guys!!

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Glad to hear you got it fixed, I know I didn't respond until now but I was looking through Google for everything possible and found nothing. So didn't find it beneficial at all for me to post considering you were already suggested all the steps I had in mind.

I mean the closest icon to that on a Samsung device is the "eye tracking" for leaving display on, but that icon is typically in the notification bar

OP
8Cloverstone8

8Cloverstone8

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Glad to hear you got it fixed, I know I didn't respond until now but I was looking through Google for everything possible and found nothing. So didn't find it beneficial at all for me to post considering you were already suggested all the steps I had in mind.

I mean the closest icon to that on a Samsung device is the "eye tracking" for leaving display on, but that icon is typically in the notification bar

It's very appreciated you were even looking dezymond...before coming to you guys (I have been here before but forgot my sign-in and had a very strange symbol that was seriously affecting my Edge and you all eventually figured it out somehow), I was looking up all possibilities as well. All I kept getting was the eye tracker also but that's only on the status bar...this one would pop up in random places on the homescreen. I am surprised I couldn't find it with a reverse image search though but a newer annoyance out there I'm guessing?? Thank you very much for looking around for a solution.