Oracle Must Pay Google's Legal Expenses

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
googleoracle.jpeg

Oracle was just dealt another embarrassing blow when the same judge that ruled Google Inc was not infringing on any of their patents, ordered them to pay for Google's legal fee's. It's not like they didn't know that might actually become a reality, but they believed they had a case and pursued Google with a vengeance. If you remember, Oracle brought their suit to the court system three separate times. Judge William Alsup even accused Oracle outright of wasting the court's time. He said that Oracle could only bring the suit back the third time on the condition that Oracle repay Google any fees associated with coming back to court. Oracle was so sure it would win this lawsuit that they forged ahead and continued to pursue the lawsuit convinced they were in the right. How wrong they were.

Sometimes you just have to know when to walk away. The cost of those legal fee's came to over $300,000 according to Google spokesman Jim Prosser and that is not chump change folks. Oracle spokeswoman, Deborah Hellinger, declined to comment.

Source: Android Authority

Last edited by a moderator:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Oh, thats one heck of a slap in the face. Honestly, I'd like to see Google say no and not have them pay. I think it'd be the mature, business way of handling it...and secretly be another slap to Oracle's face.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yes but at the same time, making oracle pay Google's legal fees could go along way to getting oracle to learn not to make frivolous lawsuits.

But then the argument could be made that in this day and age, well planned frivolous lawsuits can make people millionaires... so idk?? :shrug:

But you're right about it being a slap in the face lol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Justice

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
The cost of those legal fee's came to over $300,000 according to Google spokesman Jim Prosser and that is not chump change folks. Oracle spokeswoman, Deborah Hellinger, declined to comment.
Are you saying it is alot of money for me and you, or alot of money for oracle..or both?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, thats one heck of a slap in the face. Honestly, I'd like to see Google say no and not have them pay. I think it'd be the mature, business way of handling it...and secretly be another slap to Oracle's face.

I just read this....I agree 100%.

meishkov

Reaction score
If Goog said that Oracle didn't have to pay then oracle wouldn't learn their lesson. Tho their bank account looks like a fantasy, it's not limitless, they can only take so many hits. Not like they're paving the way in the world of tech these days and anytime recently. Glad to see that justice does exist in this world. Hopefully it's contagious.:biggrin:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
only 300,000? Thats nothing. I was kind of expecting in the millions for some reason.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Wahahahahahahaha. Read my tag line Oracle. This is the best way to stop frivolous lawsuits. I see Apple spiraling down the same black hole.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
If you don't insist they pay...someone else might get the idea they can sue Google and if they lose...Google will have pity on em

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
johnomaz said:

You're a nice guy. If somebody ever harasses you and continues to bring you back into court costing you hundreds and thousands I want to see you tell the judge "Nah no worries ill take care of it" :)

swc2001

Reaction score
Now if we could just get these kind of victories in the STUPID Apple frivilous lawsuits!! I seriously will never put one penny into Apple products.