Options for extended battery?

chimera

Reaction score
Are there any extended battery options for the rezound that do NOT require a new battery door? I do not want any extra thickness, but would like a little more battery. The extended batteries I have seen make the phone too fat for me.

Snoking

Reaction score
Go fat, you will never go back. Lasts 24 plus hours. Curved extend back is nice to hold, and price is right.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Are there any extended battery options for the rezound that do NOT require a new battery door? I do not want any extra thickness, but would like a little more battery. The extended batteries I have seen make the phone too fat for me.

Well, I have not tried it, but if you are skilled with a dreamed cutoff wheel, you can try making a square hole the size of the battery.

Then you can use an extended battery and a silicone cover might still fit.

If the experiment fails you'll need to buy another cover.

Snoking

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
Well, I have not tried it, but if you are skilled with a dreamed cutoff wheel, you can try making a square hole the size of the battery.

Then you can use an extended battery and a silicone cover might still fit.

If the experiment fails you'll need to buy another cover.

What about the various antennas spread around the back? I did the opposite, cut out a gel case for the extend case to stick through. Working great!

OP
C

chimera

Reaction score
Also, what brand of extended battery would you recommend?

HowardZ

Reaction score
This might be entertaining to try.

I ordered a used rezound standard back cover for $9 including shipping to play with.

Islander53

Reaction score

I think your best option is the HTC 2750 extended battery which also has the antennas for better phone reception. It's not too thick and if you have Verizon Wireless as your carrier, you can get it for a great price.

DroDough

Reaction score
Islander53 said:
I think your best option is the HTC 2750 extended battery which also has the antennas for better phone reception. It's not too thick and if you have Verizon Wireless as your carrier, you can get it for a great price.

Verizon is not advertising it right now, but if you go to an authorized VZW store you can pick one up for 30 bucks, I did last week.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go fat, you will never go back. Lasts 24 plus hours. Curved extend back is nice to hold, and price is right.

I put my regular battery and back back on just to see how long it lasts with ICS. Holy cow the phone feels tiny and unergonomic with the standard battery back. No more ridges from the battery thickness. I had to do the Vulcan death grip to keep from dropping it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

HowardZ

Reaction score
Today I did the case mods.

I purchased a used standard rezound back piece for $5 + $4 for shipping. This way if I screw up I only lose the used back piece.

Well I did a good tight job on the back piece. It's like HTC already put cutting lines inside the back piece to make it easier for us. I used a dremel tool with cutoff wheel. Also used a file to smooth it out.

On the defender box I cut the rectangle a little too low and had to lengthen the hole. But I don't think it matters that the hole is 1/8 inch larger than necessary.

I am generally pleased, but I suspect this leaves the phone more vulnerable to water damage if it becomes submerged in liquid.