Option To Add Bdays To Contacts

lostnbroken

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this has been asked already, I did search but didn't see anything about this...
I wanted to fix a birthday date in my contacts but I don't even see where I can add a birth date to a contact anymore, let alone edit one that I entered wrong.
There is a good chance I was trying/looking to hard and skipped right over it.
Anyways, can anyone tell me if they've noticed that there is no Birthday/Anniversary spot anymore in our contact list? Or anyone who can tell me what I am I doing wrong?

Thanks For Any Help! :)

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of such a spot, I mean HTC's Sense UI (on HTC phones only) does that birthday thing, so if someone calls, their birthday is displayed on the screen, and you don't get in trouble!

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
HTC makes it easy to add birthdays but I know my droid1 totally missed the boat on that one. It seems moto would have thought to include it on their newer versions. For my droid1 I logged into my gmail account on the pc and added via my contacts from there. A real pita.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

KidCuda

Reaction score
I think stock android lets you do that. I was surprised that it wasn't there in blur.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Jgraham is that a Fallout New Vegas reference?

And hey its reasons like this I regret ditching the Incredible for the X...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

temchik

Reaction score
Nope, missing in Stock as well (OG), Google didn't think we needed the feature

pool_shark

Reaction score
The option was there is froyo, it's gone in Gingerbread.

OP
L

lostnbroken

Reaction score
Yeah, it's odd. I also noticed not only can I not go in and edit the bday's that are pre-existing (or add any new ones)... But I have a contact who got a new # & I went in to delete the old number but it's also missing, just like the bdays I have entered (when I was running 2.2) into the contact don't show up when I hit EDIT. So now I can't delete it from showing up when I go to text this person, I just need to remember what the new # starts with so I don't text the wrong person. Lol, So Weird. But hey, I'd rather this be my big issue with gingerbread rather than the few people who got bricked phones and broken LED lights. I can manage with that little annoyance I suppose, haha. Thanks All For Checking!

toddhoof

Reaction score
noticed the same thing, however if you go into your google account via the browser you can add birthdays, anniversaries etc. Just tried adding dates that way and then they did show up in the contact. Give it a try. Kinda a PIA but it did work.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, for the orig moto droid, you had to add and edit birthdays by logging into your Google email... a royal pita! It looks like moto hasn't changed this in their more recent droids. I know you can add and edit on the phone with HTC.

pool_shark

Reaction score
noticed the same thing, however if you go into your google account via the browser you can add birthdays, anniversaries etc. Just tried adding dates that way and then they did show up in the contact. Give it a try. Kinda a PIA but it did work.

Won't work for me, I don't sync with Google, but thanks.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Yes, for the orig moto droid, you had to add and edit birthdays by logging into your Google email... a royal pita! It looks like moto hasn't changed this in their more recent droids. I know you can add and edit on the phone with HTC.

Not true, I could add birthdays on my Droid 2 and X just using the contacts app prior to installing Gingerbread, syncing with Google was not required.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ahhh, thanks! That is good to know b/c I'm soon to be upgrading and it is feature I have gotten use to with my HTC and hated not having on my droid1. Now to just get gingerbread on board.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Ahhh, thanks! That is good to know b/c I'm soon to be upgrading and it is feature I have gotten use to with my HTC and hated not having on my droid1. Now to just get gingerbread on board.

Exactly, I can't come up with any logical reason they would have omitted that feature in GB.