Optimum settings?

Discussion in 'Steel Droid' started by Squadalah_man, May 2, 2011.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man New Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    I love this rom! But I want to know how to set it up for optimal performance. You see.... whenever I leave the home screen it has to reload all the icons and it scrolls slow. I have had my droid 1 since it came out and this is the best rom I have used. My main question is how can I optimize the internal memory to make it faster and is there a stable kernel out there over 800mhz?
    The ultimate test of these things is play psx4droid app on it and see how it runs. ShadowRom did better but I know its cause I had a better kernel.

I have done the following to improve the performance:

Set cpu to 125min 800max interactive

Changed the vm dump to 16mb

Turned off compcache cause we all know it slows down over time

JIT is enabled

SD speed increase all the way

Auto killer app killing empty apps starting at 60

Moved as many non widget/notification/service apps to SD card via titanium backup

I use a cache cleaner

So why is my phone still slow? Something is eating my internal memory or certain processes are overlapping. I have done nothing to steel droid so far. If anyone can help me here it would be verry apreciated

Squadala we are off!
  2. chevycam94

chevycam94 Steel Droid ROM Developer Developer

If your still using GoLauncher, from the homescreen hit MENU, then goto Preferences -> Advanced, and check System Persistant.

Also, goto Steel Box, in Settings. Goto Performace. JIT - OFF, Surface Dithering - OFF, Purging of Assets - ON, Lock Home in Memory - ON, VM Heap Size - 32MB.

These are the settings that work best for ME. I dont know how it would affect anyone else. I have a 1.0Ghz kernel from Actngrezy, but he asked me not to release it to anyone yet, as its not quite finished. You can use RZ's kernels, which fly, but USB Mass Storage may be broken.
  3. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man New Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Thanks I figured those things would be good, I'm not changing the kernel though, I have heard that the VM dump at 32 works good on big apps but not small so I chose the happy medium, I really like go launcher :) your rom is awsome I knew I just needed to fine tune it a bit. Long live droid1

Squadala we are off!
  4. chevycam94

Wait for my 6.5 release. Everything should be working by the time I get it finished.
  5. chris79

chris79 Member

JIT disabled?

I'm curious as to why you would want to disable JIT? When is the 6.5 version being released?
  6. rafiki1

rafiki1 New Member

I insert steroids into my droids headphone jack, always seems to do the trick.
  7. chevycam94

Maybe its just me, but I seem to get better performance with JIT disabled. Its not the same for all users.

Im still working on my Android 2.3.4 release. There are still a few things that are broken, and some other apps that are still being worked on. I am taking my time on this release. I know it seems like I am releasing about every 2 weeks, but this one should be better, as I am putting a little more time into this one. dancedroid
Search tags for this page

best droid x2 setup

best performance settings android
best setup for droid x2
how to optimize internal memory android
how to set up optimum email on galaxy s4
optimal vm settings android
optimum email settings for galaxy s3
optimum email settings for galaxy s4
optimum setup for droid
steel droid performance settings