Optimal Battery Life for Music Only

vpsean

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

What's the way to optimize my Droid Battery life as much as possible, simply to play music? And, how long could it last?

I'll be hopping on a plane to Australia late this evening (15 hour flight)! I won't have any use for my phone on the plane, or when I land...

I'd like to get as MUCH battery life out of it as possible while listening to music.

Thanks!

--Sean

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

What's the way to optimize my Droid Battery life as much as possible, simply to play music? And, how long could it last?

I'll be hopping on a plane to Australia late this evening (15 hour flight)! I won't have any use for my phone on the plane, or when I land...

I'd like to get as MUCH battery life out of it as possible while listening to music.

Thanks!

--Sean

Put it in airplane mode. Of course, you won't be able to use the 3G network, but I assume you know you'll be playing only music you have stored on your phone.

Otherwise, dim the screen.

And next time you have a 15 hour flight, buy yourself an extra battery on Amazon for $10.

OP
V

vpsean

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't realize an extra battery would be so cheap!

Where's the setting for Airplane mode?

Thanks!

--Sean

Sileem

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't realize an extra battery would be so cheap!

Where's the setting for Airplane mode?

Thanks!

--Sean
Hold down the lock button, and select airplane mode, its the second option down.