Optical Lens Technology Keeps Evolving

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Indeed. I love these kinds of stories. And nanotechnology is where it gets really interesting. Since photons of light are both a wave and a particle they can be focused by refracton with a typical glass lens and alternatively deflected by an obstacle such as those nanotechnology particle towers.

Because light travels in straight lines, once focused, refracted or deflected into a particular direction it continues in that same direction (an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force). This is one of the principles behind lasers.

Where it will be even more interesting is when electron radiation is used to focus the photons, which can be accomplished with nearly no distance. At that point no lenses will be needed or used at all.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sheldon, so nice of you to grace us with your presence, welcome to the DroidForums! Huh, ummm uhhh..oooooh hey wait, it's FoxKat! LOL
(great explanation btw)

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Haha. Thanks for the complement. I failed to mention that photon beam (phosphor gun), focusing is old technology, used in CRT (Cathode Ray Tube), televisions, so it's proven technology. It's just not yet miniaturized in order to take advantage of it at this level and with the introduction of LCD and LED displays it got shelved. It is however the principle behind particle beam accelerators (or atom smashers), and could very well eventually prove successful in producing low cost, bountiful and relatively safe Fusion power.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6