Oppo R5 Pushes the Envelope on Thin

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Let me know what you think if you do!

Sent from my Note 4

Will do. I have to go into town soon to pick up an anniversary gift for the Mrs.

I think they have the Circle at best buy. I will swing in and check.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm looking the $20 price point for a first pair, but will keep those in mind.

Sent from my Note 4
The Tones have some new fangled technology where the things sound corded, they say "cd quality sound". One thing about all prior Bluetooth I've ever heard was they sounded a bit hollow and monolistic but the Tones have eliminated the flaw.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Tones have some new fangled technology where the things sound corded, they say "cd quality sound". One thing about all prior Bluetooth I've ever heard was they sounded a bit hollow and monolistic but the Tones have eliminated the flaw.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

If you walk into the diner all of the sheriffs wear the Tones. They are pretty popular with them.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you walk into the diner all of the sheriffs wear the Tones. They are pretty popular with them.
I'm not trying to push them I anybody, get them to go over their budget or the like bit just wanted to pass along they've got the biggest breakthrough since a2dp first came out,a huge breakthrough in itself.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I really like the design of the Circle, but definitely prefer sound over form. I'll check them out as well. I am tired of wired buds. The cable makes a noise while I am walking and I don't ever see me wearing my over the ears outside.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's just plain silly.
Seriously. I usually use BT headphones, but that's just dumb to eliminate the headphone jack to be a completely useless 2mm thinner.

I keep waiting for someone to realize there's an optimal design to smartphones that takes ergonomics and the curvature of the hand into account. And something with some grip to it, so it doesn't slip out of your hand or slide around on a sloped surface.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Seriously. I usually use BT headphones, but that's just dumb to eliminate the headphone jack to be a completely useless 2mm thinner.

I keep waiting for someone to realize there's an optimal design to smartphones that takes ergonomics and the curvature of the hand into account. And something with some grip to it, so it doesn't slip out of your hand or slide around on a sloped surface.
What happens when you jump in a car like mine that has an Aux jack, but no bt? (I'm cheating here because I bought an adapter) or go to a friend's house & want to enlighten them with some new tracks, but they only have a cable?

And I agree completely with you on ergonomics.

Sent from my Note 4

mcj2909

Reaction score
THIN - I wonder if it will have an 'SPF' value like traditional sunscreen. Anyway, poor battery is directly proportional to poor ssles!!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

amarin221

Reaction score
I think we will soon need to learn how to use this technology. I actually appreciate the fact that there is on head phone jack on this device. We have had Bluetooth technology for years now and we continue to use technology with delicate that subject our expensive investments to changes in moisture and humidity as well as add extra weight. I almost wish this company would not have even included the USB port and just relied on wireless charging instead. That would make it lighter and more waterproof.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think we will soon need to learn how to use this technology. I actually appreciate the fact that there is on head phone jack on this device. We have had Bluetooth technology for years now and we continue to use technology with delicate that subject our expensive investments to changes in moisture and humidity as well as add extra weight. I almost wish this company would not have even included the USB port and just relied on wireless charging instead. That would make it lighter and more waterproof.
A nickels worth of rubber covers like my old Dare has would also suffice for me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
What happens when you jump in a car like mine that has an Aux jack, but no bt? (I'm cheating here because I bought an adapter) or go to a friend's house & want to enlighten them with some new tracks, but they only have a cable?

And I agree completely with you on ergonomics.

Sent from my Note 4
Most people I know have some kind of pc or smart media player that you can stream to over wifi wirelessly.