Oppo Find 5 to feature 5″ 1080p display, S4 Pro processor and Jelly Bean

acousticshade

Reaction score
I would be pretty wary about buying anything from China anyway. After reading some recent articles regarding Chinese piracy and how the government protects the rampant theft of both hardware and software, I personally would not buy a product like this directly manufactured by a Chinese corporation. Not at least without checking into their business practices first. Acer might be on a very short leash due to supporting a Chinese ecosystem that looks to be full of pirated apps.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Looks awesome! Personally though, I'd rather have a phone twice as thick that has a larger battery. I don't know why all the manufacturers think that their customers want the thinnest phone possible.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Here is a Video of the Unboxing of the Phone.

[video=youtube;ktVxDw6W0YM]http://youtu.be/ktVxDw6W0YM[/video]

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I'm quite happy with my S3's 720p resolution. Hell, i have a 36" TV in my wife's craft room and it looks great at 720p resolution. I have The Avengers in 1080p on my phone and decided to get the 720p version to see if there was any noticeable difference, I couldn't see any.
This probably comes down to the TV itself. Well that and the releases you are using. When it comes to video, people assume 720p and 1080p mean HQ. Unless the encoder provided the bitrate to back up that resolution, it doesn't mean anything. Compare a less then 480p video with a high bitrate and compare that to a 1080p with a lowbitrate and the less then 480p video can easily have a much better quality. For example HDTV releases are less then 480p resolution.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
This probably comes down to the TV itself. Well that and the releases you are using. When it comes to video, people assume 720p and 1080p mean HQ. Unless the encoder provided the bitrate to back up that resolution, it doesn't mean anything. Compare a less then 480p video with a high bitrate and compare that to a 1080p with a lowbitrate and the less then 480p video can easily have a much better quality. For example HDTV releases are less then 480p resolution.
Still, with equal refresh rates, delivery, and glass quality, your eyes can't even see the difference between 720 and 1080 if you aren't at a far enough distance. That's part of the reason why some manufacturers didn't even offer screens below 42" or so in 1080 for the most part, though many do now.

Speaking of refresh rates, having a TV where it isn't adjustable can make for a garbage experience as well. I wonder how this is handled on the phone front. Likely not something that's being messed with too much as of yet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Spec Rundown:
Android 4.1 Jellybean
5-inch 1920x1080 Display (441 PPI)
Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 Processor
2GB of RAM
12 Megapixel Camera
16 or 32GB of storage + MicroSD Card slot
2500 mAh Battery

I'd love to see the actual pixel/subpixel layout. If it's Pentile, at those numbers it would still look stunning. Also I wonder exactly what type of display. Is it OLED? I certainly hope so. Is it bright enough to see in sunlight? Again, I certainly hope so. Finally, what radios will it have, or in other words will it be supported by Verizon. I doubt it. Still I wouldn't mind having one just to use on WIFI at home. Looks really neat.

52brandon

Reaction score
that thing looks beautiful. Am very curious to see one in person

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i've had their dvd player back in the days and it was very high quality rich featured device which i've resold for more then what i've originally paid for it. they're definitely not a bargain bin manufacturer so prepare to pay premium for their devices.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
i've had their dvd player back in the days and it was very high quality rich featured device which i've resold for more then what i've originally paid for it. they're definitely not a bargain bin manufacturer so prepare to pay premium for their devices.
Crazy question,but were you in the States when you had their dvd player?I'm asking because I've never seen much less heard of them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
yep, i was in the states. i've never heard of them either prior to obtaining the player and had to look them up myself to find out they're very popular with audio and videophiles.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Any video file I have is good quality. At times I have a hard time seeing its a file and not the BluRay Disc. I may download the files as backups to the videos I buy because I hate having scratched disks, I still don't like poor quality. Most of my files are 7 or so gigs and beautiful quality on my 46" TV. but yes, I agree with what you are saying.

jakenader123

Reaction score
Good display

its a huge step but to get paper like displays you need to have at least 1500 ppi, so people are saying you cant tell the difference, you cant say anything until you see it in real life.
This is a video of the older model oppo made watch for at least 40 seconds,
[video=youtube;6tMyDKdFs-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tMyDKdFs-o[/video]

if you ever forget to bring a hammer just use your phone.