Opinions

tb110895

Reaction score
This is to everyone who has gotten a droid 2 refurb. Has it been a problem? Satisfied with it?
I'm probably going to have to get one and I was just wondering what you all thought about them
Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

b101189

Reaction score
well this may not help but, I've had many refurbished phones and haven't had luck with them. this excludes androids though they might have a higher standard for higher end phones.
I might just be unlucky = \

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Is it usually tech issues or physical problems? Are they ever scratched up or anything? Also, how do I back up all my apps and stuff to put on the new phone?

b101189

Reaction score
it is usually hardware issues I suppose, like the screen will stop working, or the inside screen will work and outside won't etc. The phones have always looked just like new though.
I would assume though that Droid phones are built with higher end hardware though than the phones I've gotten refurbished.
I've had a the dreaded razr, the voyager, and the samsung reality as refurbished phones all of which had worked fine at first but shortly after had given me issues.

Of course I do believe that even with the refurbished phones you can buy a full replacement "Like new" plan if the phone stops working.

b101189

Reaction score
sorry should have worded that better, like a replacement warranty

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Oh okay. So if this refurb has problems, I can get another one?

b101189

Reaction score
from my experience yes, although I would ask just to be sure.
all refurbished phones I have had have been the result of the brand new phone breaking in which they had sent me a refurbished replacement.
so in the matter of buying a refurbished phone right off the bat I wouldn't take my advice on this opinion without first confirming it with Verizon.= \
sorry that I don't know for sure though

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
I bought the phone brand new so I guess I'll be fine. Kinda mad I have to get a refurb though. I just hope it doesn't have problems.

b101189

Reaction score
oh in that case, if the refurbished phone has issues you can keep sending it back until you get one that works,
It's a bittersweet reality I suppose = |
I wish they had a 1 time new phone replacement where the first new one breaks they will send 1 new replacement and after that you will get refurbished, that's just my wishful thinking though, phone insurance doesn't match up to car hah

Raziel

Reaction score
I was sent a "Certified Like New Replacement" for my original Droid (even though I went through 4 CLNR in 12 hours), after the issues I was having with referbs, I got a "referb" Droid 2. It's been fine to this point, but I've only had it about a month, but I've been using the hell out of it and it's not given any issues. But, the actual probability of this Droid 2 being a referb is slim.

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Well that's good for you. I hope that works out for me minus the 4 refund before the good one lol.

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Hate to double post, but just wanted to share my good news. I went to Verizon about all my issues, and I'm getting a brand new one in the mail! :)